Chapter 25: Rod Reiss is Coming...

"(Y/n)!" You snapped up looking at Ava who was just staring at you, and you looked as everyone else was. "Are you going to answer?"

"Answer what?" You asked, confused and everyone giggled.

"Connie asked if Erwin came around to accepting it... what were you thinking about?" Ava laughed out a bit, and your eyes locked on Levi as he looked over his shoulder at you and you looked away blushing.

"Well did he ever?" Connie pushed.

"I don't know, Erwin, did you ever come around?" You asked aloud.

"I don't know (Y/n), who walked you down the aisle again?" He said without looking back and you smiled turning your head to Connie and you whispered.

"He came around." And Sasha and him looked at each other with big smiles on their faces. But they lost their smiles as you all turned your attention back to the giant titan moving slowly next to you all.

"Eren..." Armin said, turning around to look at him. "Didn't you manage to control the titans that one time?" Eren looked up, wide eyed and nodded. "Maybe, since you have the Founding Titan inside of you, you could maybe try it with Reiss's Titan." He suggested and you all agreed that it was worth a try.

"Uh, yeah I guess I can try it out I guess." Eren said as he stood up from where he sat. He faced the titan and began to ball his hands into fists. He punched the air in the direction of the Titan and shouted. "Stop Titan!" And you all just watched as he did this repeatedly, it took you everything not to snicker and you looked over at Ava biting her lip as she tried to hold back her laugh as well. "Hey! I'm talking to you! Stop!" He shouted and punched the air again. "Can't you hear me. Idiot!?" He continued to punch the air violently now. "Rod Reiss, that means you!" He growled. "You tiny old man!" You all paused wide eyed, including Eren as Levi now went in his line of sight. You and Ava avoided looking at each other as you knew if you looked at each other you would burst out laughing. Eren looked over his shoulder warily as he knew Levi did not like his choice of words.

"I don't think it's working." Levi stated and Eren sat down right away. His head darted towards you and you tried to straighten out your face to not piss him off anymore than he was, and it didn't help that you always teased him about getting older.

The rest of the ride to Orvud district was pretty quiet, only a few back and forths from members but nothing too important.

Once arrived, you all hopped off of your horses while some helped Hanjie get some help. You went over to pet your horse and so did Levi. You both turned as a man approached you both from behind. "Please gather your squads in the hall. The strategy meeting is about to begin."

"Alright." Levi said, turning while taking you along with him to walk away. As you walked over to where everyone is he paused as he spotted Historia. "Historia, I forgot to tell you..." She turned to him wide eyed and so did you, not knowing what he was going to say to her. "We need you to do something." Now everyone looked at him.

"Yeah?" She said innocently.

"Erwin's orders. When this battle is over, since you're the true successor to the throne... become Queen." All of your jaws dropped at this order and Historia looked out of sorts a bit.

"Q-Queen? Historia?" Sasha stuttered.

"The coup d'état was a success, however the people won't follow a regiment sitting at the top. What we need is a story to spread. That a true heir retook the crown from the fake."  Levi said plainly, like it was not a big deal.

"I..." Historia paused as she contemplated what to say next. Not knowing whether she should take up the opportunity or not.

"Um, Captain?" Connie raised his hand. "I'm sure you heard what Historia said earlier, but... Well, uh- By leaving her father, she finally broke free from the burden, I guess you could say... And yet again..."