Chapter 20: Sword Fight to a Gun Fight

You woke up to Levi, tapping you on the shoulder. Your eyes fluttered open to see Mikasa waking Armin up, scaring her as he shot up from where he laid.

You got up slowly to the dark old looking chapel and you all hopped off following behind Hanjie.

"Wait Hanjie." You all paused at Levi's sudden warning. "Let (Y/n) and I go in first." She nodded, realizing that it was probably for the best, just in case if Kenny was waiting there already for you all to arrive, there was a better chance you or Levi would be able to distract him long enough.

"Try to find a secret door." She said as you guys began to walk.

You both walked slowly to the door and entered cautiously, you looked around the room and were slightly relieved to see that no one was around. You started to explore around quietly feeling the walls to see if there were any hollow areas.

After a minute of searching you flinched at the sudden touch at your waist. You turned around at Levi who was smirking. "Sorry I was just trying to get by." He said in your ear as he passed behind you. "Did you find anything?" He asked, finally letting go of you as he went over the places you already checked.

"Don't you think I would have told you if I had?" You said, slightly frowning. He narrowed his eyes at you, most likely because of your tone.

"What's with the attitude? You actually got to sleep." He spat at you, and you rolled your eyes. You knew deep down he was right, but you couldn't help it, you were so on edge about this whole thing.

You ignored him as you continued to walk around, trying to find this secret entrance.

"I can't find anything." Levi said, walking in your direction and you went to meet him halfway.

"Neither can I-" You gasped as you tripped over a carpet and Levi caught you mid fall. "Shit, thank you." You exhaled almost laughing.

"What did you even trip on?" He frowned at you and you pushed yourself off.

"The stupid carpet, it's like covering a dent in the floor." You said calmly while collecting yourself. You paused thinking about the dent and your head snapped in the direction of the carpet. You bent down to it, pushing the carbet aside and both you and Levi looked at each other when you spotted the latch, to the potential secret entrance.

"I'll go get Hanjie." He said turning around.

After he went to inform Hanjie, everyone except for Jean and Athen came into the chapel, the other two stayed outside to keep watch.

"You found it!" Hanjie exclaimed and everyone shushed her. She knelt down next to you while apologizing to everyone. "Eren's gotta be in here with the enemy." She whispered to you and Levi. He knelt down next to you both now. "Hopefully the layout in there is like I predicted." She said touching the edge of the entrance.

"These presents better pay off, considering we went out of the way to prepare them."

"Ready," Armin said and you turned around seeing him bring barrels with gas tanks around them, "they're good to go." He nodded at you all.

"Are we?" Levi asked. "Is everyone ready to get their hands dirty too?" No one said anything, but their faces didn't display fear all there was in it was... determination. "Guess so." He added, looking back at you.

You looked away from him worried that he would see your fear of going up against Kenny and his squad again.

Everyone began to circle in after Ava went to grab Jean and Athen.

"Before we go in, I think it's important that we understand our enemy." Armin stepped forward. "A big weakness of the Anti-Personnel ODM gear is their line of fire and anchor trajectory are both faced in the same direction." You looked as the rest of the squads began to look at each other with absolute confusion.