Chapter 26: Queen Historia

You and your squad stood atop the wall with Levi and his squad, along with Erwin.

You watched as smoke filled the air from the big ass titan coming towards you all and you perked up seeing him crawl towards where you stood.

"Fire!" You heard someone yell and all of the cannons went off, hitting the easy target. There was a moment where everyone paused thinking that they managed to take them down, but as the smoke began to clear, his hand came crashing down startling them all.

"Fire!" You heard again and more shots went towards him, but now from those at the bottom of the wall.

"The ground cannons seem even less effective." Erwin said.

"Of course they are." You answered. "The wall cannons barely hit the nape even at a better angle."

"What's the problem?" Levi now added.

"It's a mishmash of soldiers..." Erwin sighed out. "Cannons they scraped together... Superficial leadership... To top it off this is a northern region. Unlike troops on the frontline they barely have any battle experience."

"Great, this'll be fun." You said sarcastically.

"Yeah, well it's the best we're going to get, and that's a fact." Erwin frowned down at you.

"Yeah that much is painfully obvious... Yet again your strategy for the scouts boils down to another gamble." Levi said to Erwin. "Just like everything else you conjure up." Before Erwin could answer Levi's jab at him, Hanjie called out for him.

"Erwin! I brought the goodies!" She cheered, and you all walked over to what she brought. "All the gunpowder, ropes, and netting I could find! We'll have to assemble them ourselves though." With you and Levi on either side of her as she showed everything, a man walked by with a wagon that seemed to already have some sort of contraption placed on it. "Oh, and this! There's another on the opposite side." As Levi and Hanjie continued to talk about her 'goodies' you walked over to Ava and Ekho who were talking it seemed.

"You guys ready?" You asked and they both nodded, not seeming worried at all. "Good, we'll wait for Erwins orders then we'll go on." They both half smiled as they nodded. "Also, Ava may I speak with you." She side eyed Ekho before agreeing as she joined you. "I just wanted to ask you if..." you gulped down. "If Kenny made it out alive."

"Oh, well I know most of his squad didn't, but I didn't see Kenny at all, I'm not sure if he was caught under the rubble or if he made it out before anyone else." She replied, knowing that whatever answer she would give you would hurt either way.

If he escaped, you had to worry about him still, but if he died, you never got to have all of your questions for him answered.

"I'm sorry." She said and you shook her head.

"Don't even worry about it." You gave her a half smile.

"(Y/n), Ava, Simon and Ekho." You all turned to Erwin. "You guys take care of that side." He pointed at where he wanted you posted.

"Roger!" You all said and took off in that direction. Before you took off running with the rest of your squad you felt a tug on your forearm, forcing you to turn around half way but you could only see Levi in the corner of your eye. He leaned into your ear and whispered.

"Stay alive, baby." You looked up at him, and frowned a bit as he kept that emotionless face of his.

"You too." You said and you leaned into his ear now. "I have something for you later." He turned to face you, his eyes slightly wide.

"Levi!" Erwin called for him.

"You better go. The boss is calling." You said without breaking eye contact and his eyes darted between yours and your lips.