Chapter 7: Flying Cars

"Where is this coming from? Why are you just telling me this?" I asked. This is all new to me. "I was grappling with this feeling for years. And when I saw how you were with Manny, I got jealous. Maybe it was selfish to have you all to myself but I'm not hiding how I feel about you anymore", Troye said now taking my hand. I didn't have the words. All these years, he's been in love with me? How could I have missed this? "I need to go", I said and stand up. "No, you can't run away from this or me anymore. Let's just talk", Troye pleads and grabs me by the waist. "I can't do this right now. This changes everything. Between us and-" I lose my train of thought. "Don't leave Mika. Just let me in," Troye said and goes in for another kiss. I swiftly move out of his grasps and run downstairs and out the door.
      I start driving around not knowing where I'm going. It was 1am and I was speeding. All these thoughts were rushing through my head. What is Troye finds out I had sex with Manny? What if Manny finds out Troye kissed me? "You'll lose them both",  I hear a voice say behind me. I check the rear view mirror and see Lunais sitting in my car. "I can't lose them, I'll be alone", I reply now tears running down my face. "Why not have both? Sounds a bit kinky", I hear a voice beside me this time and it's Motiv. "That's not how this works. What do I do? Tell me what to do. You guys are like fucking ancient creatures fuck!" I yell. "All these questions. You're so persistent", Lunais chuckles. "Let's just vibe. Let's just be free", Motiv says. I notice both these stupid aliens held their hands in an upward motion. Suddenly, I felt the car start to levitate. I was driving a flying fucking car! Motiv let out a big breath of air that grew and filled the windows with mist. "I can't see!", I scream. With a swipe of her hand, Lunais clears the mist. When I can see again, now I'm flying a car through space. How the fuck?  I saw tiny bits of asteroids floating beside car doors and shooting stars barely missing my car wheels. "This is amazing", I said staring at the cosmos. "Let's go to Mars and dance naked with the martians", Motiv suggests. I laugh and start steering recklessly. "Watch out for the asteroid!" Lunais screams. Crash! Everything went black. I open my eyes for a second to see I crashed into a pole. I look at the steering wheel and see red rubies splattered all across it. But when I go to touch it, it turned into blood. I then pass out again.
          I hear muffling over me and a bright light in my face. My whole body jolts in pain as I slowly open my eyes. I see my mother speaking to a doctor,  and......Manny sitting in a chair next to me. Everyone turns to me when they see my eyes open. "Mika can you hear me?" The doctor asks me. "Yes", I say in a weak voice and try to adjust my body, but it hurts to move. "You were in a car accident and we have to do some screening to see if you have any brain damage", he informs me. "So far all I see is you have a broken arm and a concussion, but we'll keep you for a couple days to make sure", the doctor added. I nod and he leaves the room. I look up to see my mom crying! Her makeup was very runny and her eyes were puffy with black mascara. "Oh my god, if you would have died, I would have been so pissed", she then said still sobbing. Who the fuck is she and what has she done with my mom? " I'm surprised you cared" I said looking away from her. "Please Mika. I have no more fight in me to fight with you. And to see that it almost killed you, breaks my heart", she says now taking my hand. I didn't know you had one. I turn to Manny. "What're you doing here?" I ask giving a weak smile. "You crashed right across the street from my house. I called the ambulance. I'm so glad you're okay babe", Manny said coming to my side. My mom snaps her neck at him. "Is this your boyfriend?" She asked. My eyes widen because this was news to me too. Before I could answer, Claire comes in with two cups of coffee. "Oh thank god you're alright! You had us scared shitless!" She yelled. "Connie come with me to the cafeteria. Let's fetch the boys some food", she said motioning her to move. My mom gives me a sad smile and heads out. I direct my attention back to Manny " Boyfriend?", I say.
          "Well I thought that night, made us official. I mean it was both of our first times and it was amazing. I think I love you", Manny said excitedly. I need a double shot for this shi- "I'm also glad you're alright", he adds. "Thanks. And it was amazing in the car and I guess I could say it felt like my first time",I said with a big smile. I have to sell this. "But I don't want to put a name on us. I....want to get to know you better", I added. "Ask me anything you want. I'll stay all night if you need me to. And I'll come back tomorrow, then the next day. And if you need me to come to your hou-"I appreciate it really but I'll be fine", I cut him off. He's in deep my god. He smiles and kisses my forehead.
            Manny had fallen asleep in the chair and my mom had brought me back pudding. Claire had to go home to get ready for work. "That's the only thing that looked edible in the cafeteria", she said. "Thanks..." I said hesitantly. "I know we just had a big fight, but I want you to know that I know I need to work on myself now", My mom said fiddling with her cup of coffee. "It took me almost dying for you to realize that?" I asked. "No, I've know for awhile", she said while looking down. "Then why do you hate me so much?" I asked. "I've never said I hated you. I do love you but.."she trails off. "I wasn't taught how to love a child. My mother was on drugs so she'd be in and out of the house all the time. My dad use to beat the shit out of her in front of Claire and I. Said it was her punishment", My mom explained. She was opening up to me. "So when I was 16, I met your father. He was charming and spoke so sweet to me. And boom I was pregnant. I moved in with him because I hated being home. Claire got sent to live with our grandmother, she wouldn't take me because I was knocked up. So, after I had you and when we lived with your father, he got violent. Started hitting me. And one day I looked in the mirror I saw my mother. There was one day he hit you so hard that you had a bruise on your leg. And that was the last straw. When he was sleeping, I lit his bed on fire. The son of a bitch survived and I told him to never come back. And he didn't. But every time I look at you... you resemble him so much. And...um I get angry. And I lash out which I know isn't right. But I don't know how to love anyone because no one ever truly loved me. Not even my child", she finished her story and wiped a tear away. I felt myself tearing up. All that she's been through. And I wished death on her... "I do love you mom. And I'm sorry for the things I said" I whimpered. "I would live to have a clean slate if that's alright with you?" I asked. She smiled and tears streaked down her face. "I'll try if you do," she said and hugged me for the first time in a long time. I hear footsteps approaching the room and look over her shoulder. I see then Troye walking into the room.