Chapter 6: You Love I

"This tastes amazing Connie! I need your recipe ASAP", Claire said while stuffing her face with spaghetti. "Thanks sis", my mom chuckles and takes a sip of wine. I play with my food and look at the phone to see if I have any new messages. I had text Troye to apologize for a couple days ago at Top Golf. He's been avoiding me at school and not replying to my texts. "Eat your food, I didn't cook it for the flies to eat", my mom snaps at me. "I'm not too hungry", I reply and sit back in my chair. "I didn't ask if you were hungry. I said eat your goddamn food. Nobody needs you wasting anything" Mom said taking another sip of wine. "Fuck off Connie", I said angrily. "Alright no. We're not doing this today. I'm in town for a the next 2 weeks and I'm not spending it with you two at each others throats", Claire pleads. "You see the shit I deal with. You'd think for an 18 year old, he'd be more mature", mom snorts and pours another glass. "Do you ever ask how my day was? How's your friends? Are you doing okay? How's school? You know being a normal fucking parent!" I yell now standing up. "Oh here we go. Let me pour you a glass of wine. Might give you a little bit of liquid courage to go with your stupid rant", my mom jokes while trying to hand me a glass. I slap the glass out of her hand. "All you do is belittle me, yell constantly, and make me feel like the loneliest person in the world sometimes!" I yell fighting back tears. "I'm not your fucking friend. Don't you have those?" She asks and shrugs while taking another sip. "I provide a roof over your head, clothes on your skinny ass back, a damn phone I shouldn't have even bought for you and food. What else do you want from me?" She adds. I see Claire with her head in her hands just listening to the commotion. "Just because a dog gives birth, doesn't make it a mother! You care nothing about my life! I'm like a pet that you kick every now and then! EVEN PETS get better treatment than me!" I scream. "What it's not like you're suicidal! Is that it?! You feel like killing your self? Let me know then because I'll call the nearest clinic!" My mom screeches as she tosses the glass on the floor and now stands up. "Connie that's enough!!" Claire yells and stands in between us. "And who the fuck are you calling a dog?! I'm sick of your mouth Mika! You think you're above me you little shit! You're just like your dead beat dad! A fucking failure!" Mom screams while being held back by Claire. "How would you know about my failures?! You're a a goddamn hotel manager! Who got pregnant at 16 and dropped out of high school! What the fuck do you have to show for?! I scream and flip the table. My mom tries desperately to push Claire off of her to get to me but Claire tackles her to the ground. I then take my mom's keys and run out the door.
       "Troye! Troye!," I yell crying and banging on his front door. I drove all the way to his house. I didn't know where to go. I needed him right now. Instead, his father came to the door. "Hey Mika are you alright? It's 10pm, what's going on?" He asks. "I-I....me and my mom.....I'm sorry I didn't know where to go", I struggle to get the words out and trying to keep the tears in but I keep crying. Mr.Davidson (Troye's father) consoles me and pulls me inside. Mrs. Davidson calls Troye to come down stairs and alerts him that I'm here. His parents fix me some tea and sit me on the couch in the living room . Troye comes down stairs and sees me. He wore no shirt so I could see his toned body and abs. He had basketball shorts on and his hair in his same old man bun. "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have come. I just want to make it right. Please forgive me", I plead with him. He frowns at me and crouches next to me. "You look ugly when you cry", he joked. That made me cry harder for some reason, but Troye held me. Being in his arms I just felt....safe
        "So you're daydreaming all the time? I don't get it", Troye says scratching his head. We were now upstairs in his room. It was a mess but I had no room to complain. "Forget it, that's not why I came here anyway", I said. Even I don't know how to explain it. "No don't tell me to forget it. If you just explain a bit slower I might be able to google it", Troye said while sitting next to me on his bed. "I'm more upset about my mom. I hate her so much. I wish I could just leave",  I said while rubbing my puffy eyes. "Once you graduate you can live on campus with me. We'll be roommates and you won't ever have to see her again", Troye explains. "That could work if we wanted to go to the same college", I said. "Where do you want to go? What's better than Duke University?" He asks. I laugh. "I want to leave North Carolina. I can't stay here. It's doing something to me. Just anywhere that's better than here", I state with a weak smile. "Anywhere that I'm not I see", Troye says faintly. "That's not true. I'm just dead weight to you anyway. You'd be fine without me. You'd have friends and girls and-" before I could finish, Troye grabs my chin and kisses me. Is this real?!! I pull away from him. I give him a shocked look. "You would never be a burden to me Mika", he finally says. "You-You're gay?" I ask still in shock. "I don't know. All I know is that what I feel for you is something I don't feel for anyone else. Because I love you", Troye said still staring at my lips. What. The. Fuck.