Chapter Ten

Niall Horan

"Niall? Are you still with me?" Liam asked through the computer screen. I forced myself to turn back to the MacBook lying on my lap in front of me instead of Harry and Elle giggling as they threw fake snow at each other.

"Sorry, bit distracted," I said. I blinked, trying to ignore it as Elle shrieked and sprinted across the empty hall as Harry chased her with handfuls of snow. 

"What's going on? Who's screaming?"

"Elle," I replied. 

"Oh man." He looked worried. "What's going on?" 

"She's with Harry, they're throwing fake snow at each other. She's not being murdered by a axe serial killer if that's what you mean."

"No, I mean the fact that it's bothering you. Have you spoken to Harry? Tell him politely it's a bit annoying to have him flirting with your girlfriend all the time? I love Haz to death but he's a bit too flirty and if he was flirting with Danielle, I would hate it too." He eyed me. "Are you sure you're OK? You should talk to him. Sort it out."

"I can't. I talked to Elle today already. I asked her about the whole incident on the balcony and she was with Harry. ALONE when I'm asleep." I rubbed my eyes. "I'm sorry but it's bothering me a lot. Don't you dare tell me it isn't suspicious isn't it? Elle with Harry on a balcony watching the sunset alone together in a beach paradise? She swore she wasn't doing anything and she made me promise I would trust her."

"Well it IS probably suspicious. Why did she say Harry was there?"

"To congratulate us. He didn't congratulate us on the boat and he was right there. Why wait until we arrived?" I asked.

"I see your point," Liam agreed. "But still." Elle sprinted across the floor shrieking in delight as Harry tossed more fake snow at her. They really were having the time of their lives. "I think you need to have a serious talk with Curly. Tell him it isn't OK."

"Yeah." I nodded. "How's everything in London? Lou doesn't suspect anything?"

"Nope. He thinks we're going for some award show and we're asked to perform," he said, grinning madly. "It's actually pretty fun. The flight's tonight and I asked him to pack."

"Told you." I glanced up as Elle tripped and just as I was about to jump up to help her, Harry reached her first and helped her up. Damn that kid. "Urm, Liam. I have to go. I might just talk to Haz now."

"Well, OK. Good luck mate. Hope it goes well." 

He waved as I clicked 'disconnect' and sighed. I took a deep breath and walked towards the two of them. Elle was breathlessly giggling and Harry was grinning like he won the lottery. Of course. "Haz?" I asked, raising my voice.

He snapped his head up. "Oh hey Nialler. What did Liam say?"

"Urm, nothing much. He wanted us to get the decorations up quick." I rolled my eyes. I stuffed my hands in my pockets. "Urm, Haz... Can I talk to you for a bit?"

"Sure." He nodded picking up a wreath from the pile of decorations on the floor. 

"I meant privately," I said. He looked surprised. 

"Well, OK." Elle looked a bit suspicious too as we walked to a private corner and Harry settled on the sofas a mere 10 feet away from Elle. A bit closer than I wanted but he seemed determined not to move.

"OK, here's the deal." I sat across him. "I don't like you hanging out with Elle alone all the time. It bothers me a lot, mate. And do you mind flirting with her in front of me? It's a bit disrespectful, and I'm asking politely that you please stop."