Chapter 8- "Thank you"

Start from the beginning

“Go enjoy the fight.” I said, dismissing Ashton, causing him to smile and nod in thanks before dashing through the crowd and back to where the fight was taking place. I shook my head fondly at the boy, hoping that all of them are safe enough. I glanced at Harry, who was now toying nervously with his hands. I raised an eyebrow, prompting an answer from the nervous boy.

“I just, I wanted to say thank you. For not leaving me with him. He was smelly, and kept touching me and I’m just- thank you.” He rambled, voice deep and slow. I nodded, clenching my teeth at the thought of someone touching him when he didn’t want to be touched. Well, someone touching him at all.

“He touched you?” I questioned, tone calm but angry and deeper than usual. Harry must have picked up on it because he slowly nodded.

“But, not like that! Please don’t give me back! I didn’t want it, I’m sorry!” he insisted, tone panicked, and I looked at him strangely before I realized he had mistaken what my tone meant.

“I’m not giving you back to him, and I’m also not angry at you. I know you didn’t want it. Now let’s just head back yeah? Get you in some clean clothes. I’ve got an announcement to make when everyone returns.” Harry nodded, hand wrapping around my wrist and holding on firmly. I smiled gently, walking towards the ship with Harry attached to me. His eyes flew everywhere, taking in everything, but he didn’t let go of my wrist. In fact, he didn’t even walk more than a couple centimeters away from me, even with his vice like grip on my wrist. “You’re okay, you know? You can stop to look at something if you’d like?” I said softly, watching as his eyes stayed glued to a stand near the docks with different pieces of jewelry. He shook his head, but I could see his interest had been piqued by the stand.

I gently pulled him over to it, leisurely walking to it knowing it would only get him more excited. I was right, because by the time we had reached the small stand, Harry was practically jumping up and down with excitement- which he tried to hide to no avail. His eyes lit up, jumping around to everything on the stand and I wondered how he even saw what he was looking at, and how he even found the little piece of paper we have been searching for for ages.

“Relax, just take everything in.” I told him softly, smiling at the curly headed boy. He looked adorable, and that wasn’t something I would deny. I didn’t say it out loud, so there was no reason to. I watched as his eyes landed on the various rings on the table, hands skimming over the cool metal. There were various designs, some with skulls, others square shaped or oddly wavy. Some had the British stamp melted into it, or had a large jewel encrusting it, or even some with coins melted onto its base. There was even one that had the Jolly Roger, a pirate hat on his head- one that I found interest in, but I watched him instead. But his hand lingered on one in specific. It was a medium sized ring, a silver coin at the base. “Do you like that one?” I questioned, and he nodded lightly. I picked it up, along with the other ring and quickly pulled a few gold coins from my ‘purse’ handing it to the man. He nodded in thanks and I nodded back. I took Harry’s hand, sliding the ring onto his long thin finger and he blushed madly. All I did was smile back widely.

--

It didn’t take us much longer to reach the ship- after stopping by one more booth, and buying Harry and I each a necklace- and the lads all soon poured in. Some a little scuffed up from fighting, but not seriously hurt, and others completely clueless as to what had happened. I had everyone gather on the deck when we had sailed far enough away from Tortuga to make me less uneasy. Everyone was standing in front of me now, with the exception of Harry who was standing to my left, and Zayn who stood to my right.

“Brothers, I bring amazing news. After years of searching, we have finally found the missing key!” I called, making everyone erupt into cheers. I smiled, before continuing. “Now, we would have probably never have found it if it wasn’t for this lad here: Harry. So, as a thank you to him, I am granting him a pardon of sorts. He is no longer a prisoner, or a slave. But, he hasn’t reached full crew status quite yet. I’m making you a cabin boy, Powder Monkey if you’d please. It may not be the most fantastic job, but it’s better than prisoner for the time being.” I said again, and everyone cheered.

“It gets better mate, that’s where I was when I moved up too. Sooner or later you may be his left hand man.” Zayn said softly, almost a whisper that no one but us three had heard. Harry nodded smiling.

“Thank you.” He whispered softly and I smiled.

“Don’t thank me yet.”

------------------------------------

GOTCHA! I’m not that cruel like come on.

So, it’s short. Sorry?

How is Harry going to fit into this new role?

Will the crew fully accept that he’s almost a crew member?

What about those small Narry fluff moments?

How you do feel about Zayn? Will he be an ally or an enemy? Will he get jealous of Harry if he gets closer to Niall? Or will he help and support him?

Is Niall realizing that Harry is human and could be the person he was looking for?

Will Harry see Niall as something other than the cold hearted pirate he tried to be? Will Harry fall for him? Will he break through the façade?

Will the key be any help or are they still missing a vital piece of information?

What hardships will meet them on their journey? What obstacles will they need to overcome? Will everyone make it to the ‘promised land’?

Am I asking too many questions?

Real life question of the chapter:

Sum up yourself in 8 words or less? (It can be your hobbies, what qualities you possess, etc.)

{Mine: Weird, independent, mature, nerd, music, family, inspiration, writing}

Dedication to:

The commenter that can guess my top 3 princesses?

OR

The commenter that can guess my top 3 ships at the moment (All 1D)?

90 votes and comments for an update by Monday?

Xx Val

P.S. If you ever need someone to talk to, I’ll always be here to listen. :) xx

Would any of you guys like a Q&A?