Unsteady Chapter 5

Art by @/callistopt on twitter 

--------------------------------------

George stared down at his phone, his eyes full of fear. He held back his tears and gulped. He clicked the trending hashtag.

"I-I'm going to step outside" he said, his voice was shaking. He slowly made his way out to the front, he could feel all his friends eyes on him as he left. He played the clip from Twitter. The audio was edited and boosted so you could clearly hear what he had said. It was the audio from a few months ago when Sapnap had learned George's true feelings about Dream on stream. "no not really" you could hear him say when Dream asked if he really wouldn't date him. he played the clip over and over. His heart sank knowing that this was the way Dream would find out about his feelings. It was horrible, it wasn't supposed to be like this he thought. Tears poured down his cheeks. His hand trembled as he grabbed the doorknob. He walked inside with his head hanging low. He tried to hide his face.

"George?" Dream said as he watched the brunette pass by them. George gulped. He said nothing and stood very still. He turned his head slowly and looked at the group. His eyes were red and puffy from the tears. Dreams face grew in worry as they made eye contact. George said nothing and started making his way upstairs.

"George!" Dream said as he pulled George back to face him. He placed one hand on his shoulder and the other held his face.

"Please tell me what's wrong" Dream pleaded. George only looked away.

"Please.." More tears started to flood George's eyes. George pushed him away.

"You'll—you'll only make it worse!" George told him as he sprinted up the stairs. Dream closely followed behind him. George slammed the bathroom door in Dreams face and locked him out from both sides. Dream banged on the bathroom door.

"George please unlock the door" he yelled as he banged again.

"Leave me alone Clay"

"I'm not leaving...I care about you". The words made George blush. The feeling soon disappeared when his stomach felt as if it were twisted in a knot. the gut wrenching feeling made him vomit.

Dream, who was desperately trying to get in, made an attempt to kick down the door. George knew what he had tried to do .

"Stop it clay you're gonna hurt yourself!" George yelled.

"I don't care as long as YOU don't hurt yourself".

"I won't"

"I'll be here to talk when you're ready" Dream muttered through the door. There was nothing but an awkward silence. George finally spoke up.

"It was Twitter" George mumbled.

"Why? What's happening on there?" Dream whipped out his phone as he spoke. George could hear him outside the door, fiddling with the coins in his pockets and grabbing his phone.

"NO WAIT" George yelped. Dream paused what he was doing.

"Don't check Twitter"

"Why—" Dream was cut off.

"Please" George sniffled. "I need to tell you for myself but...I'm not ready"

Dream agreed not to look. George slid his back down against the door. He hugged his knees to his chest and fell asleep.

George awoke on the cold, bathroom tile floor. He blinked his eyes open slowly, and crawled to where his phone laid. George squinted his eyes from his bright phone screen. He checked the time. 4am his phone read. He turned on the bathroom lights. He brushed his teeth and washed his face to feel somewhat refreshed. He looked in the mirror to see his eyes were still red and puffy from all the crying from earlier. George stared at the door. Some of him wished that Dream would be there, waiting for him at the door. He walked towards it and bent down on his knees. He touched the door with one of his hands.