chapter 22 you cut your hair?!

After dinner

I know this is gonna be a dumb question, but these are disposable chopsticks, right? Dad asks looking at his chopsticks. You ate dinner with them and you just noticed? Kyoko asked, looking at the ceiling while star shook her head. but Miyamura-kun's got part of a matching set. Dad says making izumi feel bad. I'm so sorry. Oh, it's getting late! I'm sorry for overstaying my welcome. Izumi says looking at the time which reads 8:30. Might as well just stay the night. Dad suggests. Thanks for the offer, but I shouldn't... izumi trails off. If izumi-kun sleeps over, we won't have a futon for you, sweetheart! Mom says with her hand on her face. Why's it his?! And why does he get priority over me?! Dad agures. Are you gonna sleep over?! Sota asks, looking at izumi. At this point me and Kyoko zoned out not paying attention anymore. I wouldn't want to impose... izumi says. Ooh, ooh! You can sleep in my room! Sota suggested getting excited. No! miyamura-kun's gonna sleep with daddy! Dad says with his arms crossed. Awww! Sota whines. I looked over at Izumi as he looked uncomfortable. That made me giggle a bit.

At bedtime. Alright guys, goodnight. Love you izumi! I say then close the door heading to my room and put sota to bed.

Izumi's pov

Love you star! I say waving as she closes the door. I sigh then lay down on the futon. Sorry you've gotta share a room with this old fart. I hear kyosuke say. It's all right. I say staring at the ceiling. I bet you wish you were in star's room. Kyosuke says making my face grow a blush. Oh, no,no,no! I say waving my head. Then I turn back on my back staring at the ceiling. I remember how she cried making me wanna shield her from all the things that could make her sad. So, miyamura-kun. What do you like about my daughter? Kyosuke asks, making me side eye him. Seeing his back towards me. I look back at the ceiling. I like... how she doesn't judge people by appearances. Even after being bullied for so long. I say not knowing that kyosuke smiled at my response. I didn't hear anything so I turned to him. K-kyosuke-san? I ask hoping he heard me. *snore* he passed out! I whisper shout.

The next morning

Third pov

Izumi and kyosuke sleep soundly. Izumi turned over, making the sun shine on his closed eye. Making him stir in his sleep. He opens his eyes then starts sitting up. Feels like I barely got any sleep. Izumi says to no one in particular. Morning. Star says yawning walking pass izumi stepping on her dad in the process. Whoops sorry! Star says sacatsitly then opens the curtains. Izumi squints his eyes a bit then looks up at star's pjs. She's wearing her middle-school gym clothes.

Later that morning.

See you later! Sota says while the three teens put on their shoes. Have a good day at school! Yuriko says waving sota goodbye as he leaves. Want me to walk you there? Kyosuke asks, peaking around the corner. Follow us and you're dead. Kyoko and star say in unison with a smile on there face. See you later! Kyoko says. Bye dad! Bye mom! Star says kissing them both on the cheek. Then grab izumi's hand. Izumi turns to them. Thank you again. Izumi says then star and him start to walk. Izumi-kun? When you leave home in the morning you should say "see you later". Yuriko says making izumi stop and turn and look at them in shock. S-see you later! Izumi says with a blush on his face. Star nods her head and softly smiles at the moment grabbing izumi's hand once more and pulling him out the door. I hope we do. Yuriko says as star closes the door. Izumi and star walk hand and hand next to kyoko heading off to school. Two boys two houses down stare at the couple. Hold up... did they just come out of the same house? One of the boys ask staring in shock.

At school

Holy crap, one of the hori sisters from class 1?! I thought she was single! She barely even comes to school. One guy says. The blond hori? You have elective with her, right? She is super smart, and pretty cute, too. The boy whispers to his friend as star clung to Kyoko's shirt hiding her face. Yeah? She has a nice body too! The boy says checking star out. Her hearing this made her pull her skirt down a bit. Why the heck is she dating miyamura? It's crazy! Heck, i'd be a way better match for her! The boys gossip in the hall. I hear the hori-san, the one with blond hair is dating miyamura-kun! A girl in the class tells another. For real?! That emo-looking guy?! Oh my god, she's already an outcast what's wrong with her?! Talk about terrible taste! The girls gossip and laugh afterwards. Star sat outside their class hugging her legs. Rubbing her arms that had fresh bruises.