[Chapter Twenty-Four]

Start from the beginning

It was why I was angry with Chase that first night when I thought he drove home drunk, he had admitted to having a couple beers early on in the night but I trusted that he wouldn't put my life in danger and I still trusted him when he said he was fine that night.

We were all sitting there laughing and talking to them like they were really still here, when we said something sometimes one of us would pip in with what they would have said to it and it was the best day I've had here.

It wasn't so depressing, it was happy, celebrating the memories we did have with them.

"Oh shit." Monica said and we all looked at her

"What?" Riley asked and she closed her eyes and her jaw clutched.

"Labor, I'm in labor." Her jeans were soaked through and she had her hand on her stomach. We all looked expectantly to Riley but it seems he had just became a statue right now and he was just staring at her.

"Riley!" we all yelled in unison.

Chase was the first one to jump into action, he smack Riley and told him to snap out of it, she was a couple weeks early.

"We don't have anything prepared yet." Monica said as Riley finally got to helping her up.

"Riley will take you to the hospital and the three of us will go to the house and pack a bag, I'm sure Scott had Rochelle's packed a month ago and she'll know what you need." I wasn't a mom; I had no fucking clue what she would need exactly.

"You guys laugh, but he did." Rochelle said and we laughed harder and then Monica cringed.

"Hospital, got it." Riley said and looked at their graves "It's show time mom and dad, god help me because you two were the only reason I got through this the last time." he said and I caught the saddened look in his eyes.

This was a very bitter sweet moment for him and I never thought about how he would feel having this baby since mom and dad were there last time.

Maybe this was what we needed, a reason to find joy on this day instead of just misery and pain.

Rochelle took her car and met us at Monica and Riley's, we waltz in and the babysitter jumped at seeing us.

"Back so soon?" Rory asked

"Yes, we're taking the kids to Chases parents, Monica's in labor." I said a little frantically. I went into the nursery to pack for the baby, Rochelle went to pack for Monica and Chase got the kids. I grabbed him an outfit and since mom and dad weren't prepared I would get to pick his first outfit so of course I went with one about him loving his Aunt. I got a bag ready with diapers and socks and a hat and all that stuff and I grabbed the blanket Chase's mom had made him and then I was ready.

I got downstairs and Rochelle had a bag packed for Monica and Chase came down with the girls and a bag. Monica headed over to the hospital and Chase and I dropped Lina and Mia off with hugs and kisses to his parents before heading over next and we went to the waiting area.

Nice part of having money is that Monica had a private room. We went there and brought them the things they would need while we waited for Scott to show up.

A scream tore from Monica's throat as she clutched her stomach and Riley did great trying to coach her into breathing through the pain, I held her hand and she went from whimpering in pain to cursing out Riley only to cry and say that she was sorry.

Jesus I had to do this again in a few weeks when Rochelle had her baby and it was going to be a nightmare, seeing this made me rethink the whole having kids thing. People always said how childbirth was a beautiful thing but it looked a lot more like torture to me.