5- Death

I hate coming home to an empty house. I don't like being alone most of the times. Even if I'm not talking to anybody and I'm just holed up in my room doing homework, I feel safer having Kei or Tadashi in the house.

I always feel like something is going to happen.

I sigh, walking into our home and putting on my slippers.

"I'm ho- oh. Right." I groan. "No one is here."

I slip my backpack off, walking upstairs towards my room.

This bad feeling starts to swarm in my chest. It's not a sickly feeling...it's a feeling like something bad is about to happen. But I'm home now, so I should be safe...right?

I quickly take my phone out before I reach my bedroom door and text Kei that I arrived home. Almost immediately he answers back telling me he's glad I got here safely and that Tadashi should be home shortly.

Once we finish talking I walk into the bedroom and place my bag down. Shivers run down my spine and I feel like I'm being watched. My fists tighten and I slowly turn around.

There, right next to the door, is the most horrifying sight in the world. My eyes widen and I can feel my chest tightening.

I'm going to die.

~

"I'm home." I hear Tadashi's voice call out from the front door.

I gasp, unlocking the bathroom door and running out. Tears are streaming down my cheeks and I've lost all sort of critical thinking as I fly down the stairs.

"Eva?" Tadashi's eyes widen when he sees me.

He quickly drops his things and I jump toward him, attaching myself to him and wrapping my limbs around his body as I sob into his shoulder.

"H-Hey, wh-" He begins, but cuts himself off.

I feel his body relax, and his arms awkwardly wrap around me.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asks, using one hand to shut the door.

"Tadashi-Kun!" I sob harder, tightening my grip on him. "It's going to get me! It's in my room, it's going to get me!"

"What? Who? Eva, there's someone here? Why didn't you call the cops? They're upstairs??" Tadashi holds onto me tightly as he rushes to the kitchen, digging through the drawers and grabbing the biggest knife he can find.

"I-I dropped my phone when I saw it and just ran." I sniffle, trying to calm down. "I'm scared. Tadashi I'm scared."

"Hey, it's okay. You're fine, okay? Maybe he left already. I don't hear anything. But we should probably get out of here and call the cops, okay?" Tadashi asks and I lift my head to look at him.

I see his eyes soften and a look of worry on his face. I hastily wipe at my eyes, shaking my head.

"Tadashi, go kill it please." I beg. His eyes widen and he looks at the knife in his hand.

"Huh?! This is just for show! I-I can't kill someone!"

"What are you two yelling about?" Kei walks into the kitchen and freezes when he sees us.

I immediately jump off of Tadashi, bursting into tears again as I run to my husband and attach to him.

"Otto!" I bury my face in his chest. "There's a spider in our room!"

~

"BAHAHAHAHAHA!" Kei doubles over, and Tadashi rewinds the camera footage. "Oh my god! Tsuma, you literally attacked Yamaguchi. You were sobbing this hard over a spider?"