24- Finally With You

"Happy 7 months Kei." I grin, pushing my present towards him across the table.

"Happy 7 months, Eva." Tsukishima smiles, then it drops a few seconds later. "We look ridiculous matching like this."

A pout forms on my face and I jut my bottom lip out.

"You don't like it? I think we look nice." My shoulders slump.

"I think it looks better on you. I look like a hitman." He sighs, and a small giggle leaves my lips.

It's the middle of February, the day that Tsukishima and I started dating 7 months ago in July.

We're currently at a restaurant named Ichimuan. It's really pretty, and it's nighttime so the view is beautiful.

(A/N: this is an actual picture I found when looking up the restaurant like ?? Hello?? I want to go 😐

"Then you're a very handsome hitman." I smile.

Tsukishima sets the gift he got in front of me, and we agree to open them later.

The food comes and we begin to eat, quietly making jokes about the small amount of food and how it costs 10x more than it's worth.

It was beautiful and it was nice. He actually ate more than I did today, and that made me happy. We drank cider in place of wine, and pretended that the world belonged to us. After he got out of his shell from being at a new place, I was able to hear the laugh and see the smile that I've fallen deeply in love with during these past few months. The laugh and the smile that's purely reserved for me.

"What are your goals?" Tsukishima asks as the plates are being cleared from the table.

"For after high school?" I ask and he nods. "I want to get into a good college. Probably major in business since my parents will be starting one together. If I can become really good at that then maybe one day I'll be able to take it over- so I'll have to work hard."

"You...you seem like you have a lot. Both of your parents have great jobs and make more money than they can spend. Yet you're still ambitious and even want to go to college." Tsukishima pushes his glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "I really like that about you."

A small smile comes over my face and I look away, feeling my cheeks heat up.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it a trillion more.

He. Is. So. Cute.

"That's not all, though." I say and he raises an eyebrow.

"What else then?" He asks, sounding genuinely curious.

"I want to have a family when I'm older. I want to not have to depend on my parents. And..." I trail off, thinking of what he may say at my next words. I bite my lip, looking down shyly. "I...I also want to stand by you. For however long you allow me to- no matter what the circumstances are. Even if you hit rock bottom, I want to help build you back up. If you fall ill, I want to nurse you back to health. If the entire world turns against you, I want to be the one person who doesn't."