Chapter 14: midnight mysteries

Thursday's suck. It's the day I have most classes, as well as five hours of work. I don't know how I survived today, but I somehow did. I took a shower and now I'm laid in bed, aching and ready for some sleep. But I can't, I've been trying for close to an hour.

I had got in at eight-thirty, heated up the leftover dinner that was on the side before taking a shower, so it's now ten-twenty. It's early, but I need more sleep than I'm getting. I guess tonight just isn't the night.

The girls were in bed already and Matt is sleeping at Kieran's, so I'm pretty much alone. I could take this for granted and have some alone time, but I'm just so restless. I don't have the patience for it.

Finally giving up on sleep, I start scrolling through my phone. I go on Instagram, preparing myself for many models to appear, ready to hate myself further but the first person that does appear is Abby from Harvard, alongside a guy. Is she finally dating again? I hope so, she deserve as much.

I send her a quick text, hoping she's doing good. We've, well I haven't spoken to her or even tried since the summer, so I hope she doesn't think I'm a total bitch. I have my reasons and she knows of them.

My inbox is full since I don't exactly read my messages on here, especially my requests, but Ethan's is at the top. I haven't even been on his profile yet, nevertheless checked what he's messaged me, so since I have time, that's what I'm going to do.

I don't what I expected, but it's pretty much all about boxing but at least this way, I can actually see what he looks like in the ring. It's everything I didn't expect. I thought it would be... harsh, bloody, cruel and unpleasing. But all I see is him. He looks to be owning the ring. His eyes are fixated on whomever his opponent is. His body, Jesus. I need to stop with this stupid attraction towards him but I can't help it.

Not having the self-control that I thought I originally had, I have to come off it. And that's when I finally read his messages. Wait, this guy knows grammar! I don't even text with proper grammar.

He asks me why I go by Frankie yet his name on here is Kane. Not that it isn't a good name, but his name is Ethan. At least mine is somewhat relatively the same.

Kane:

Hi... hope you got in okay?

I'm guessing you either were telling the truth and don't go on Instagram, or you're ignoring me.

To save my ego, I'm going for the former.

Yep, okay. Well, hi. If you ever need a chat, just do, I guess?

Jesus Christ.

Anyway, I hope you're doing okay.

I feel like a fan... does she reply?

Okay, yeah, I'm going.

I instantly feel bad since these were all from Sunday, but some of them do make me giggle. It's Thursday and even though I have seen him twice since Sunday, I'm still going to reply because I'm bored and I'm not a person to leave someone on read.

Me:

Hi, I'm sorry that I didn't see these but you did see me the day after and yesterday when you came into work for a coffee. But I will definitely take you up on the offer of "chatting". But I'll send you memes instead though.

Also... what the fuck? You were telling me about how I should go by Francesca yet you go by Kane on here.

You're a hypocrite.