0.23

_______________________________
Muffin & Pasta
_______________________________

THE NEXT MORNING, I woke up an hour earlier then need be.

After what Vivian told me, I was determined to speak to Prince. I won't name Vivians name specifically.

When I woke up at 6:30 in the morning, there was already an outfit laid out at the foot of my bed.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I stood in the bathroom in my strapless bra and black underwear as I brushed my damp hair. I decided to wash it so I could straighten it.

As I bent down in the bathroom, looking for a hair straightener, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I shouted from the bathroom. I peered my head from the bathroom doorway and watched as the person on the other side of the door knocked again.

"Um- come in!" I reluctantly said.

It swung open and revealed Maria. I smiled to myself at the familiar face.

"Maria!" I jeered as I stuck a leg from behind the doorway. "It's good to see you."

"You as well." She smiled. She held a small plate of food in her hands as she fully walked in.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"The Don ordered the cooks to make you breakfast." She answered as she placed the plate down.

Eggs, bacon, and a small chocolate chip muffin was what the plate consisted.

"Thanks that's... thoughtful?" I tilted my head.

"Yes, it's unusual for the Don to do something like this." She admitted quietly as she glanced back at the plate. "What are you looking for?"

"Oh, a hair straightener. Wanted to try a new style." I said with a laugh. She nodded and walked into the bathroom, past me.

She turned around with said hair tool and I smiled.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem."

••••

After my hair was straightened, I stood in front of the mirror.

"You look amazing. Still." Maria reassured.

I didn't know why I was so hell bent on looking good today

I didn't know why I was so hell bent on looking good today. If I was going to talk to Prince, I had to make sure I looked professional enough to get his attention.

Plus, all men are the same.

"Thanks." I say as I look at her reflection in the mirror. She gives me a smile before looking down.