0.02

_____________________________
Scrapes & License Plates
_____________________________

:EDITED:

I WAS QUICKLY pulled out of my thoughts when the kid sat up on my stomach, balling his eyes out.

Why the hell is this kid crying?!

I SHOULD BE CRYING!!

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask in a calm voice as I sit up. I look down at him as he slid down and into my lap.

His light green eyes looked up at me as he put his hands down. His face was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. Short dark brown hair with a small nose. He had a dimple in his left cheek and long lashes. Green eyes, almost a light pastel color which shined as his tears glistened from the rays of the sun.

"I-I'm hurt!" He hollered as he goes back to crying. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion

How in the world did he get hurt?! I did a 180 degree turn in the air just to make sure he wouldn't!

I push all my natural sass down, remembering I'm dealing with a kid. Kids are always over dramatic. And not to add on the fact he just went through a traumatizing experience.. well so did I!

"It's okay, honey. Where does it hurt?" I ask as I crowd closer to him, resulting in him slightly calming down.

"Right here!" He shouts again in an almost 'are-you-blind' tone.

All I can say is this boy is lucky he's not my child.

He raised his right arm in the air and I see a small scrap on his elbow, dripping blood and hitting the pavement besides us.

"Aw, it's okay." I try to reassure but he goes back to crying like a maniac. I put my hand on his cheek and give him a soft smile. He responds by looking up at me with watery eyes.

"How about we go to my house and I'll clean you up alright?" I ask him with a strained voice.

I hadn't realized it til now but I also got hurt. I guess the adrenaline left as quick as it came. My knees were all scratched up, no doubt gonna leave a nasty looking scar til it heals.

The little boy nods his head before I wipe his tears away. "Cmon let's get up, hun."

He slowly gets off my lap and we stand. I reach down for his hand and he hesitantly gave it to me. I gave him a smile

Yeah, ya know, I just saved your life so I'm totally gonna kidnap you now.

I look around to see the man in the truck hadn't even stopped driving. My eyes looked at the back of the almost gone truck and I saw his license plate. Instantly memorizing it. It's times like these I'm so glad I was gifted with photographic memory.

My professional outfit I spent five minutes picking was completely wrinkled and I was too afraid to even look if I teared it.

I lightly tugged his hand to gain his attention as he was staring behind us, towards the park. He looked up at me and I nodded my head towards the sidewalk, where I dropped my stuff.

We walked over and I picked up my phone, bag and keys. I put my keys into my bag, making sure not to lose them before we got to my place and turned back to the boy.

"Can you hold this for me?" I asked as I held out my phone. He looked up at me before nodding his head again. He holds out his tiny palm and I place it on his hand.

"Let's go to my place, clean your scrape and get you home."

If and when I find out where you live..

"What's your name?" I ask as we were walking back to my house. I had to slow down my speed to match with his since his small legs weren't any help. I offered to carry him but he refused to be carried by anyone.

"My dad told me to never tell people I don't know my name, especially strangers." He responded as he looked down at the blank screen of my phone.

I slightly raise my eyebrow before looking back down at him.

"Well, I did just save your life. I wouldn't say I'm a stranger." I say with a small laugh at the end. He looks up at me and thinks about it.

Is he seriously thinking about it? Hm.. I guess his dad taught him valuable lessons but still- I saved his life!"

"Tell me your name first." He said quickly. I look down at him to see him looking up at me with a cheeky grin. His dimple protruding from his tanned skin.

He's honestly the cutest kid I've ever seen. He's gonna be a heart breaker one day.

"I'm Royal." I said with a giggle (A/N: cringe). He examined my face before nodding to himself, almost as if he was checking if I was lying or not.

"My name is Prince, just like my dad." He skipped. I nodded.

"Oh, so you go by-?"

"Mhm, people call me Junior." He confirmed with a smile just as we approached my front door.

"Okay, Junior, welcome to my home."