Garlic

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Garlic Blooms
"I will remain"
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The visiting rule was lifted. At first, no one knew. No one came.

Until the lava dropped.

Tommy groans, expecting to hear yet again Sam, pleading, or Dream, bragging. Instead, there's a different voice, deep and young. He knows this one, like the back of his hand, but what was Ranboo doing here?

The bridge mechanism whirs, and Ranboo's heeled boots step off the platform. Sam calls some instructions from behind the crevice.

His voice is dry, like he's been crying. Tommy was long past that.

"Hey Tommy."

The fragile boy nods. His red and white shirt hung off of his shoulders, dirty jeans: baggy. In this state, he couldn't harm a fly, if it meant death.

The sound of dress clothes, like Ranboo usually wore, crinkling as he grunted. He sat down in front of Tommy, hands on his own knees.

"Do you know what happened to Tubbo?"

Tommy wants to lay on the floor and perish. How come Ranboo sounds so kind? After everything Tommy did to him? How come everyone only ever asked about Tubbo?

He nods again.

Ranboo makes a weird, enderman-like noise with his mouth.

"Do you know who did it?"

He nods again. Of course he knew, he could hear the whack of the murderers sword in his daydreams.

"Okay," Ranboo sighs, readjusting. "Who killed Tubbo?"

Tommy's head flew up, trying to lock his own dead eyes with Ranboo's. He wasn't sure if he was successful, but he hoped.

"Dream."

There's an angry hiss from Ranboo.

"One of you is lying," He growls, standing. His dual tails slap Tommy in the face. Two suspects, one victim. Ranboo was determined to know the truth.

"Who killed Tubbo, Tommy? Was it you or Dream?"

Tommy shuffles closer into the corner by the lamp and chest, now. His heart beats in his head.

"D-Dream." Was Dream saying that Tommy killed Tubbo? That's... That's absurd. People should know better. "I wouldn't... do that to him." He still can't say kill. How embarrassing.

Ranboo has no reason to believe Dream... but why else was Tommy in here?

But why did Tommy look so scared?

Ranboo grabs his hair, pulling at it, agitated. He can't connect the puzzle. He needed more witnesses, but...

Wait.

"You're still blind."

Tommy groans. "Yes."

Tommy couldn't wield a weapon if he was on the edge of death. Technoblade and Philza testified for this. Ranboo laughs, backing into an obsidian wall.

Dream would lose all his three lives to Ranboo.

Green and red eyes glanced at the blonde, seeing nothing but a broken child. Dream would pay.

Ranboo's chest rose and fell to the sound of the lava. His head throbbed with temper.

"SAM!" Tommy flinches, pulling his knees closer. Ranboo's ears flatten, eyes sad.