Frostweed

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Frostweed
The Unkillable
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

A whistling in his ears slowly summoned him. He opens his eyes to dim light, with occasional flashes of lights. Blue shades swung from the ceiling, which calmly focused. He could see.

Tommy breathed in the chilled air, tasting dust and staleness.

"Hello?"

His mouth tasted like copper, he realised as he swallowed. His stomach ached, like he'd been torn out from the inside.

His head started to swell. He'd appreciate a good aspirin about now.

"Hel—"

"Please be quiet."

"Schlatt?"  Tommy gasped. Well that was a voice he hadn't heard in a long time.

Tommy looked around frantically, suddenly feeling claustrophobic.

"Shh."

"Ay, goat man, be nice to Thomas." And there's a voice he missed.

"He's here, already?"

"I just want some quiet!"

Tommy breathed frantically. "What's happening? Where are you? I can't— Where is this?"

"Welcome to the train, Toms," Wilbur sighed. It sounded like he was right next to him, but he couldn't see anyone. He couldn't see anyone, and yet it felt like he were in the middle of a crowd.

Schlatt sounded like he sat across from Wilbur and Tommy. MD sat at the other end of the train.

Tommy stood, grasping a metal pole sticking from the ceiling.

"Train?"

Schlatt groans, muttering some nonsense.

"I suppose this is limbo," Wilbur smiled. You could hear it through his voice.

"Limbo? But I'm not... Am I dead? Wilby, am I dead?" Tommy shouted.

"You're not dead, yet. You can't see us. You're on almost a different level of death than us."

"I can't be dead, Wilbur!"

"Tommyinnit. Relax," He sighs, standing as well. Tommy can hear the setting down of a heavy guitar case, and a chill settled on his hand that sat on the standing pole. "I just said you're not..."

"Wilbur?"

"Shh," The ghosts collectively hushed.

"What?!"

"You might live."

"A sword to the chest?"

"He may." Schlatt sighed.

Tommy felt defeated, a piece of him was crushed.

"He deserves a more heroic death, like I." Mexican Dream boasted.

"Shut up. You're disgusting." The alcoholic snapped.

"We need to help him!"

"I can hear you!" Tommy gasps.

"We know!"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Technoblade grasps his warm body, sunken to his knees. A part of him was somber. He liked taking care of Tommy. It felt like a real younger brother.

Dream shoved his netherite sword up to Tubbo's chest.

"Test me, little kid. You'll end up like your friend."

"You told me he was dead!" Tubbo cried, putting a hand on his own axe.

"You believed me!" Dream laughed, taking a step forward. His eyes were wild and fierce.

"I... Trusted you! I thought you agreed with L'manburg, finally."

"You are a shit president, Tubbo," He yelled, taking another step forward. Tubbo stepped backwards, finding the edge of the platform. "Wilbur— No. Schlatt did better at running this nation than you! And it's evident! You just let Quackity and Fundy push you around! Ranboo is a traitor!"

"No."

"He works with me so joyfully!"

"I've never spoken to Dream before," Ranboo cried from the sidelines, defensive.

"We enjoy Tubbo as our president!" Fundy cheered, "He is much better than those before him."

"Because you get to toy with him?"

"N— no."

Technoblade growled, standing with Tommy in his arms. Tommy was still breathing, he knew. He started to back up, prepared to leave L'manburg.

"Don't forget, Blade," Dream turned around, aiming the sword at Techno, "You owe me."

Tubbo rearranged his feet, losing grip and sliding off the platform.

Ghostbur fell down as well, moving to catch Tubbo.

Technoblade fled. His white shirt started to fill with blood as he ran towards the community portal, hopping in.

The only thing on his mind was getting him to Philza.

They met outside of the cabin, where Phil was pacing anxiously.

"What the fuck happened, mate?" He gasped, opening the doors for Technoblade. "You we're gone for so long?!"

Techno sat Tommy on the couch, moving around a potion chest.

"Dream stabbed him," Techno said calmly.

"Oh that bastard. I'm going to ruin every moment of his life—"

"Focus on Tommy, right now."

Philza muttered some more nonsense, going through his pockets. He put a totem of undying into Tommy's hand, and moved to work with the potions. They grabbed some instant health and regeneration, making Tommy swallow them both for extra measure.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

"I missed this. I miss you, Will."

Wilbur chuckles. The ghosts had slowly become more visible as he spent time on the train. All of a sudden, the blue shades flickered.

He found himself in darkness again and cried. "Wilbur? MD? Schlatt? Where are you all? I can't see!"

"Oh," Wilbur says faintly, almost sadly. "You're being taken back. That's good for you, Toms. I'll see you eventually."

"But Will—"

"Shh. It's just not your time."

Tommy gasps, finding his head whirl with warmth. The copper taste strengthened, and suddenly the air wasn't so dusty and stale. More warm and fresh. More friendly. He heard mumbling and chatter.

"Hello?"

Everything was dark again.

"Tommy! Thank goodness," Philza yelled, putting warm hands to his cheeks. "You scared us half to death."

"Well, I was almost dead." He mutters, almost dissatisfied.

"I'm glad you aren't, mate. We value you."

Some part of him was begging to ask why. Why he had to come back. Why he had to be valued. Why they did value him.

That part would remain unanswered.