18. Hospital 🏥

If I knew that you would stay
I would've crossed the stars
To keep you in my life

Anson Saebra, Walked Through Hell

No One's POV

Haruto looked forward as if he was aimless when he came out of Junkyu's apartment. He sat on the driver's seat, he let out a screamed again while hitting the steering wheel. As soon as he turned on his car engine, he already knew the way to his destination even though he had only been there once with someone. But now, he will be there alone.

Haruto turned off the engine and opened the car's door. His strength has been drained crying over Junkyu who outcast him. He walked a few meters and he is now where he wanted to go.

'Kim Jisoo' that is what is written in that tombstone.

"Mrs. Kim. I'm Haruto. Junkyu brought me here last time. I'm sorry I didn't bring you anything."

"I just wanted you to know that...." His words was cut as his tears fall down.

"Junkyu hyung...." He wiped his tears that fall down.

"Junkyu hyung is sick." He cried even more holding his chest, he felt his heart is going to burst.

"Please, give him strength from up there." He closed his eyes, crying even more.

"I beg you, Mrs. Kim."

"Or you can tell God to take his illness away."

".................." he went silent.

"I don't know what to do but I am sure If I pray, you will listen to me, God will listen to me."

For a long time he believed, prayer is a thin thread that connects hope and reality. He grew from long prayers. In the worst of days, Haruto still hope prayer dries up the tears and warms up a cold and lonely body. And that day, Haruto prayed, begged.

"I am not strong enough to see Junkyu hyung to suffer. His body is weakening."

"What am I supposed to do? Hm? What should I do?"

He looked lost. Not knowing how to handle the situation where Junkyu is also stubborn, doesn't want to cost trouble to the younger. Junkyu doesn't want Haruto to waste his life in just taking care of him. He still needs to finish college, make music, work and be happy.

In the afternoon, after the work hour, Jihoon would visit Junkyu. Junkyu already resigned from his work, it was Haruto's suggestion. He convinced Junkyu to take a break from work and made him believe that he will be cured faster if he rest well at home.

Jihoon rang the bell and Junkyu opened the door, their eyes met. The different think is that Junkyu's eyes were swollen. Even a kid can recognize that Junkyu just cried.

"Jihoonaa" His tears rolled again, as Junkyu hugged Jihoon who is not even stepped foot into his apartment. He can not bare the pain that his heart held.

"He would understand, right?" asked Junkyu.

"What?" asked Jihoon who doesn't know the situation.

"H-Haruto. I-I..." he cannot finsh his sentence, his body just trembled.

"It's ok. It's ok. He'll understand." Jihoon tapped on his best friend's back

"My heart aches if I see him. I don't want to be in the way of his career, his future."

Jihoon just hugged Junkyu who is crying his heart out. He knows that Haruto means a lot to him. He knows Junkyu too well because Junkyu is someone who would not shed tears just to anything.