06. Park 🌳

I would've crossed the stars
To keep you in my life

(Anson Saebra, Walked Through Hell)

Jihoon's POV

I don't know how to say this to my mom but I need to be in Seoul right now. She will understand anyway since she also considered Junkyu as his other son.

"Mom, you know that today is Junkyu's mom commemorating death, right?" My mom nodded.

"Yes, go cheer him, son." She said as she brushed my hair on her lap. I always knew that she will always understanding.

I am having a chill morning with my mom in the living room.

"Actually, we had a fight." I confessed to her. My mom smiled as a respond.

"Well, you have been best friends for life. It's strange that if you and him didn't have a fight even once. You know, fight sometimes makes people closer." She said.

"Well, he didn't know why I was angry and I think that is my mistake." I said with teary eyes.

"Hehe... Honey, always remember your mistakes. I don't know what you are going through with Junkyu but just remember that you made a mistake so later on you will not do the same mistake again." she said wiping my tears that fall when my mother gave me suggestion.

"Yes, eomma." I nodded.

"Now go prepare your things. I'll make food and later you can share it with Junkyu." She said as she tapped on my shoulder.

"Thank you, mom." I kissed her cheek.

Now I realize that it wasn't Junkyu who distant himself from me. It was me. It was me that put the gap between us because I was not straight forward with my feelings.

I'm coming Junkyu.

Wait for me.

That afternoon, I went to Junkyu's apartment but he was not there.

I didn't message or call him because I want to surprise him.

When I reached the cemetery, it was already dark because of the overcast and I forgot to bring my umbrella so I rushed out from the taxi to go to the tombstone where Junkyu would be.

The rain fall without warning when I saw 2 people were chatting beside the tombstone.

I am 200% sure it was Junkyu but I don't know who he was with.

I can see Junkyu buried his face into the man's chest.

I felt something weird gushing in me again which is the same feeling when he told me he kissed someone.

I turned around closing my eyes. I was going to leave knowing that he already had someone to cheer him up.

Suddenly, I remember what mom told me before I left Busan.

"He doesn't have anyone in this world, son. Please look after him. Look after each other. Solve your problem together."

That is what my mom said.

She is right. We need to look after each other.

The next thing I know that I walked fast towards both of them and I pulled Junkyu's hand.

"Let's go." I said to him.

It's already night time when we arrived in my apartment.

We haven't spoke a word since we were in the taxi and until right now.

I gave him a clean towel and some clothes so that he can change the soaking outfit that he wore back at the funeral.

"J-Jihoona" he said as he finished changing.