Chapter 33: Kangmi

Magsimula sa umpisa

Kangmi laughed bitterly and squeezed her eyes shut to try to stop the tears from coming out. She gripped the bracelet tightly and slowly without realizing it fell asleep on the floor. Dinxiang, who was doing his nightly check-in on her, sighed when she saw her on the floor. He knew that he would wake her up if he placed her on the bed, and it seemed like for once she would actually sleep, so he just placed a blanket on top of her and let her sleep.

The next morning, Kangmi woke up thanks to her alarm that was telling her that it was time for work. Disoriented and with a pain in her neck, she looked around the room only to realize that it was the guest room from Dingxiangs temporary apartment, which she had actually been staying at since they came back from the beach house.

Kangmi quickly prepared herself and headed to the front door with her car keys in hand. However, before she could even step out Dingxiang stopped her like every other morning, "leaving without having breakfast?", he asked and Kangmi turned to him with a fake but believable smile.

"I'm not that hungry"

"you didn't eat dinner last night, or had breakfast yesterday", he pointed out with concern. It was true though, she had not been eating properly the past few days and it was starting to worry him.

"because I wasn't hungry", she stated with an obvious tone.

"you at least have to eat something before you leave, or you're going to get sick", Dinxiang said almost pleadingly. Kangmi looked at him for a second and noticed how worried he looked.

"fine", she said and he smiled.

"cool, because I think I made pretty good pancakes", he stated with a smile and placed a plate with two pancakes covered in strawberries in front of her. "by the way, don't forget that we have cake tasting today"

"right", she said as she took a bite of the fluffy pancakes, "anything else?"

"I'm driving you and picking you up today, and I will make sure that you go to this cake tasting because I will not be left alone again with a bunch of women gawking over me", he said and shivered as he remembered going alone to a flower shop to choose the flowers for the wedding. All because Kangmi had forgotten to go.

Kangmi snorted and patted his back, "you can't tell me you didn't enjoy it? I mean a bunch of ladies all over you sounds like fun"

"I in fact did not", Dinxiang replied while glaring at her but then remembered that he wanted to ask her something, "by the way, do you need anything from your apartment?"

Kangmi raised an eyebrow and looked at him suspiciously, "no". Then she realized something and teasing smiled at him. "but if you really want to see Zach, he will be going to my office today to drop off some stuff"

Dinxiang slightly blushed and looked away, "then maybe you should hurry up, so you're not late"

Zach stared at his best friend, who was driving him to SM, and tried to decipher something about him but didn't know what. Maybe his mood? Or the fact that his best friend didn't hold the same spark in his eyes anymore. Once they arrived at SM, Zach went straight to Kangmi's office while Josh stayed in the car. However, after a while of getting tired from sitting in the car, Josh decided to walk around SM.

...

On the ride to the office, Kangmi sat staring at the window while enjoying the music Dingxiang was playing. "you know I was thinking", Kangmi said and Dingxiang hummed in response with a keep talking tone, "what if we get a rainbow cake? like the fondant and decoration can be white and black but the inside of the cake should be rainbow colors"