"Hannah" He whispered. I froze and didn't believe what I heard, not until he said it again. And again.

"Hannah"

"Hannah"

"Hannah"

And then our surroundings changed once more. We were in what seemed like a car, there was darkness all around us and the only thing easily distinguishable was the body of my soulmate crouching down to try to control his sobs as he kept muttering her name. This wasn't Jin's pain I realised. It was hers.

Within a second I had pulled myself out of Jin's mind and threw out every bit of energy I had to find Hannah, and the second I saw the right string to pull I gasped as I could hear a voice screaming my name through a devastatingly obvious pain.

"Sweetheart I'm here, what is going on? Jin is shouting your name in his dreams" I tried to force my voice to remain calm when hers was anything but.

"I'm alone, I lost them" She cried. I could feel my heart breaking from the pain in her voice and my entire being was urging to have her in my arms. Hug her and make sure she never felt pain like this again. The only thing I could do was to try wrapping the blanket of my soulmate ability around her soul to calm her as she cried.

"Hannah please listen to me. Just because I can't be there with you physically doesn't mean you are alone. Please take a deep breath for me, can you tell me where you are?" The facade of calmness portrayed in my voice was cracking and I was beginning to panic just like her once I felt my attempt of giving her comfort not clinging on to her no matter how much I tried to keep it there.

I was losing her, and within her mind still partially in the dream realm I saw chaos and flames dancing around a woman crouched into her own embrace holding on with every ounce of strength she had left. It hurt me to watch, hurt to see her pain and not be able to mend it, to calm it, the only thing I had access to was the feeling of it. The feeling of panic, of hatred and loneliness, self blame and fear mixed up with sorrow. I could feel myself crying, my body was shivering like an extension of her emotions until the blanket of my effort fell off completely and I was left all alone in my bedroom.

Tears rolling like marbles in a hill down my face, my breath staggering at the top of my lungs and my heart trying to beat out of my chest. Never before had I felt someone's pain so vividly, it was as if I could touch it as a physical object squeezing me from all sides until there was nothing left of me. And I failed to ease any of it. Letting my tears fall I wallowed in the sorrow of my soulmates pain in the unfair comforts of my own bed.

Then the mattress beside me sunk, sending a soft wave through the bed and my whole world stopped for a moment as I took in the sight before me.

The wavy blonde hair only barely visible in the darkness surrounding us, the silhouette of a face looking towards the ceiling. I had never laid my eyes on her before, but looking at her now felt like a reunion of some sort. I knew it was her, I could feel the tug, the ache for her to turn towards me.

When she opened her eyes I held my breath, looking around us she was just as wise as me it seemed to how she had gotten here, then every concerning thought melted away from my mind once she met my longing gaze.

Her eyes in the darkness looked like a galaxy covered in stars, each one a memory of a previous connection made, shining brightly with their own stories within her eyes. Embodying the loud truth that she was too, meant to share with us what we were so lucky to have been able to share with each other. She held her own star in my galaxy, just like I felt mine belonging in hers.

I noticed my heart rate calming, my breathing evening out, the tears drying up in the corners of my eyes. Just the sight of her in front of me was paralysing almost, realising she wasn't in pain anymore was euphoric, and the constant comfortable hum of our souls weaving themselves together in the soulmate connection felt like a warm hug.