6

I sat in the park for about 30 minutes. Then I walked around for another hour. I had texted Martin saying I was picking a friend up at the airport and would be home very late, he texted back saying he'd gone for drinks at a friend's house and wasn't sure he'd be home tonight at all. It worked out quite well for me. So I returned to the apartment at around 10, took a shower, did my makeup, curled my hair. I mean I was meeting someone very good looking so I had to at least try to make myself look half decent. I ended up wearing a pink silk bodice with blue jeans and then a big white turtle neck on top top stay warm and cover up the slightly presumptuous top.

I lounged around playing on my phone, and drinking coffee until it was time to leave my apartment. I made my way to the bus and got to the airport in good time, the nerves suddenly kicking in. I was about to meet my soulmate. It hadn't been three days even of being 20 years old and I was about to meet one of my soulmates. I couldn't believe it, couldn't grasp even the idea of it. I had looked myself over in every single reflective surface I had walked by on the way here, and for each one getting less and less happy with how I looked. But it was too late to do anything about it now, as I was standing at the arrivals gate, looking at a sign telling me that his flight has landed. I just hoped he'd think I was at least half pretty.

Waiting was taking longer than expected, but I guess when you fly to a different country it does take some time to get through customs and get your luggage and stuff. I couldn't relate so I didn't know. I sat on a bench with a clear view to the international travels exit and waited patiently, letting my eyes rest on my phone as I pretended to do something other than waiting helplessly for someone to walk through the door. The man sat next to me was also waiting for someone it seemed, he was holding a bouquet of tulips, his hair was combed back and he was definitely wearing his "Good shirt". His leg kept shaking and I could see he was checking the time on his watch every other second. Probably excited to see whoever was arriving.

As he stood up hurriedly and ran towards a small asian girl walking through the gates I had my suspicions confirmed. He swooped her off the floor and kissed her passionately, the flowers in his hand a forgotten gesture smashed into her back as they twirled in joyful giggles. It was all like watching a movie and I felt a sting to my heart as I watched their public display of affection. A sudden warmth engulfed me though, and pulled my eyes away from the couple and to the man standing completely still behind them. Dressed in baggy pants, a big green jacket, a black hat and a mask covering his face there was no way of seeing who he was. But I knew. And the moment his eyes met mine, it was like everything in the room disappeared. The couple in front of him long forgotten, the sound of public information being spat out on the speakers now just a whisper in the background of what felt like a huge moment in a romance novel that I didn't remember being a part of.

I couldn't make out any features of his from this distance, but my body rejoiced, and it needed to get closer. I think he felt the same way because his eyes didn't leave mine when he made his way to where I was now standing. I was lost for words and frozen to the spot. Never could I have imagined this kind of attraction to a person I hadn't even said a word to in person.

Oh shit I hadn't said a word.

"Hi" I said awkwardly. Letting my gaze shift from his eyes and down to the floor, not really knowing where to look without getting lost in thought.