𝟐𝟑

As the two girls approached the door, Marley wanted nothing more than to rip her hair out in rage and disappointment.

She could've just kissed Niki there and then. It was the perfect time, one of them movie kisses that she had dreamed of for many years as a child.

She could've confessed her feelings. Told her how much she loved her and needed her to be with her, how she wasn't a complete person yet but she would grow and improve and maybe one day Niki could reciprocate them feelings.

But she didn't. Neither made a move. Marley was honestly lost for words, a solemn look on her face which was overly noticeable by both Wilbur and Zach when they saw her walk through the door.

Niki had managed to change her sad expression into a smile when she saw Zach, but Marley couldn't do the same. Marley hated her emotions in times like these, she wished she could be like everyone else and just get on with their lives.

Wilbur whispered something to Zach, before walking over to Marley and asking her if she wants to go on a walk to Tesco with him. Marley thought it would be a good idea, so she agreed.

'You want anything?' she asked Zach, who just replied 'No' before checking his twitter.

'Do you need anything Niki?' she turned to the girl and her tone changed. It was less abrupt, more sweet and considerate, anyone with fully functioning ears could tell that.

'I'm fine, if I think of anything I'll tell you though' Niki smiled, Marley instinctively doing the same.

As she walked over to the door, Wilbur's looming figure was leant against the wall waiting for her, on discord messaging someone.

'Shall we go then?' Marley looked up at the man, his brown hair just coming down to past his eyebrows and covering his eyes just slightly.

He looked down at her and nodded, opening the door for her to leave before him.

'You're clearly upset about something' Wilbur commented, the first word uttered by him in about a minute of walking

'You're clearly upset about something' Wilbur commented, the first word uttered by him in about a minute of walking. To be truthful, Marley was enjoying the comfortable silence but could understand where the man was coming from.

'It's nothing, pathetic of me to be so hung up on it, don't worry' Marley was trying to brush her emotions away. It pained herself, not just the others who saw her automatically shut herself away when something bad happened.

'No, Marl, I've had enough of you acting like nothings bothering you when it is. It isn't good for you, and I know it's slightly hypocritical of me but I mean it. But me and Zach both saw your face, something's bothering you' Wilbur could read Marley like a book and she disliked that a lot.

'No Wilbur, I swear on my life that nothings wrong' Marley scoffed, closing off her feelings seemed to be the only reasonable thing to do.

'Stop lying to me' he walked slightly ahead so he could stare her in the eyes. His glare was oddly threatening, something which she felt bad if she didn't give in. He was being persistent, something in which she only would give in if Niki was doing it, but it just felt wrong to not tell him.

'I could've kissed her then. I could've kissed her and got it over with, then I wouldn't be in such a shit mood and I would be actually happy right now. I could've told her that I'm so fucking madly in love with her and although it would be really odd probably it would get the point across. I just fucking don't do anything, I act like the worlds against me when I'm actually just too slow to realise that it was the time to do something. I mean she's perfect, this petite girl with a pretty face and a pretty personality and I'm just me. I'm the side person, the character in the movie with the crush on the popular girl and the laughing stock to everyone'

'Marls breathe ok?' Wilbur interjected her, Marley carrying on and ignoring him.

'And it's not fair you know? I keep myself hidden, I don't even show you or anyone who I remotely trust my face and then I show her, the girl who I knew was way above the beauty standard, although that's subjective to a person, and I thought I may have a chance with her. But I'm fucking stupid, it's pathetic how my brain just convinced me that I was good enough to feel that, to feel loved by someone for once' Marley somehow didn't cry, although she was on the brink of it constantly.

'She does like you? I don't know how else to tell you but she does feel the same way. She was always nervous to meet you, and it's the first day. You say that, but that was the first time that you'd be in her presence, it's not all going to be in the moment. You think that moments the right one, but how do you know that? Sometimes the moment you think is right just isn't it, it would be the moment that may surprise you. And don't ever invalidate your feelings, it hurts to see you act like the worlds against you, but you need to rise above it' Wilbur smiled at the girl.

Marley took a few seconds to process the information. Sure, it was a lot and very heavy wording, but she thought that it was at least a good idea to give it a try.

 Sure, it was a lot and very heavy wording, but she thought that it was at least a good idea to give it a try

hey yall
love you so much <3
byeeeeee