Jae almost choked on her own spit at his candidness, and if looks could kill Namjoon would have murdered Jimin on the spot. "As inappropriately said as that was, that's essentially it, I guess." he sighed. "We'll answer any questions you have."

Coincidentally, the dark grey couch next to her seemed like a good spot to take in this information. She ogled at the size of it. All eight of them could sit on it easily, but for now only two sat down to the left of her with careful eyes. She could tell Jungkook and Hobi wanted to get closer to her but hesitated.

Namjoon was still standing with his arms crossed, looking worried, and Jimin was sitting on the arm of the couch next to him. Tae had gone to set the table since Yoongi had asked him prior to her appearance, but she could tell both were listening as well. She spoke first.

"Where is he, exactly?" Namjoon's eyes drifted towards the opposite hallway she had emerged from. "He's confined in one of the rooms. It's obvious which one given that there's a chair in front of it." Jae thought of her next question. There was no way to get around the initial awkwardness, so she figured she might as well be like Jimin, and be just as straightforward. In the end, if this was her new life, she needed to know everything she could.

"Tell me why I can't see him. I know, he wants to...." she shook her head. This was harder than she thought. "I mean, if I'm your soulmate and all...wouldn't it be best if I...did something...?" she trailed off. Being blunt was harder for her than she thought. All those years of being under her father's watchful eye and being practically trained to be the polite, good little girl didn't help her cause.

She saw Jimin shaking her head. "I know what you're trying to say. You would think that, and normally you would be right. In our case, right now it might do more harm than good. There's a lot of elements that make things unpredictable for all of us." He ran his fingers through his light dirty blonde hair, making it more fluffier than it was before if that was even possible. How was he so effortlessly beautiful?

He continued to speak, and she had to snap herself out staring into his awe inducing features. "I guess we should go over the basics, before we even begin to discuss the possibilities." he pondered, looking at Namjoon for confirmation.

He nodded, and Jae could see a slight blush that was forming on his cheeks. It was interesting to see Jimin take charge in this instance. How did he seem to know more about this than Namjoon? Or was Namjoon just too shy to say any of this stuff?

Jungkook had now wandered in the kitchen with Tae to bother Yoongi about the food, or to avoid the conversation that was going to be discussed in the living room. Hobi still sat where he was, looking a little pale, eyes darting back and forth between everyone.

Namjoon gestured for Jimin to go ahead and speak and he took in a deep breath. "Okay. So...when a hybrid goes into a rut or heat, there's really only one thing they want. Their mate. More specifically, when a hybrid goes into this state, it means that they have the strong need to reproduce." Jae fought the warm sensation she felt grow inside her body and nodded. "Obviously, we will all go through it and it can be anytime. It's not really a planned thing." He got up and started slowly pacing back and forth as he talked.

"Predators and prey go through it differently though. For example, Jinnie's heat started yesterday, right? So, his will only last a few more days, give or take. Prey's heat spans are shorter than predators, like me and Joon." he said, gesturing to himself and Namjoon. "Ours can last up to a week, especially if we're left to our own devices." Jae's mind flashed sinful images and he visibly shook her head trying to knock them out.