Chapter 2

OMG!! This story is What's Hot #168!! I can't believe itttt!! Thank you guys for all your support! I never expected this much!

I'm sorry, this chapter might be a bit boring, but I wanted to explain a few things about the characters, and pretty much a lot of their behaviour is revealed. Yay for info on stranger boy!

As some of you might have noticed, I changed the summary... This way, it addapts better to the story... Also, new cover, everyone!!

So, here goes... Sorry it came so late!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter II - The stranger

Delilah’s P.O.V.:

The hallway was dark and cold, only the occasional unlit torches bearing a reminder of the life that used to populate the area. I wouldn’t dare light one, too scared of people taking notice of our being here, and the stranger didn’t make any attempt at it either. We were walking at a safe distance from each other, as I was already feeling too tired to help him. He seemed to be doing fine on his own. He was holding a hand over his wound, trying not to move the arrow too much, and slowly walking along by my side, following my lead. We remained silent, only moving forward down the corridor. I couldn’t imagine what was going on inside his head. All I could be certain of was he believed me. He was still suspicious of me, of course. Who wouldn’t be?

It was dark and awfully hard to move around, without touching the wall beside me for support. He seemed to notice it and he moved closer to me, without saying anything, as if offering his shoulder as help. He took my silence as a refuse and slightly moved away.

I tried to remember the way and suddenly stopped and moved to his right side. He seemed surprised. I ignored it and touched the wall, moving slowly beside it. Somewhere along the way, we were supposed to take a turn to the right. I found it. I gestured to him to follow. He probably didn’t see it but he still followed me. We entered a small room, a bit brighter than the corridor, since there were a couple of windows, through which the moonlight entered. It was an old deserted kitchen

Stranger’s P.O.V.:

She entered the room without a sound and I debated whether I should follow or not. I finally did, telling myself she had already helped me and it was alright if this turned out to be a trap, since I was going to die on my own in the woods anyway. I looked around the room. There were a lot of pieces of furniture around for such a small room: an old rug was laying on the floor, there was a wooden bench, a small table, an oven and a lot of cupboards. Also on the wall with the windows, there was a small chimney. I assumed it was a kitchen. At least it used to be. It seemed deserted, as if nobody came there anymore. I was hoping I was right. Then I turned my gaze towards the girl who had brought me here. She was like a small shadow moving around in the almost-black room. She kneeled next to the small fireplace and picked up two small objects I couldn’t exactly recognise in the surrounding darkness. There were a two flicking sounds and –BAM- a fire! Immediately, the bright flames spread the warmness all over the small room.

I took two steps closer to it, to warm myself, still wary. She suddenly got up and I had to force myself not to gasp. I couldn’t see her face before, but now it was so clear in the coloured light. She was beautiful. Her face had this... perfect form, her cheeks slightly flushed. She had enchanting green emerald eyes. A couple of rustled strands of her long silky brown hair fell over her face, but it couldn’t hide her beauty. Who was she? She was wearing a long white silk nightgown, tangled and dirty with dust and dirt and blood, most probably my own. I couldn’t help but imagine she was a noble. And if she was... boy, was I in trouble...