12

When I was nearly six years old, one of my butlers got badly hurt while we were walking around at some Forest. His arm got broken at the elbow due to the falling bark from the nearby tree. While he was being treated, I wondered why I didn't get injured when we were both got hit. Of course they have explained it to me but Back then I couldn't grasp the concept of my curse energy. Having infinity is a blessing they say but is it really?

They are always babbling how lucky I was, or how overpowered I am. With that people began expecting —expecting something from a mere child who has yet to explore. They think I'm the next great Jujutsu Sorcerer and take over Metropolitan Curse School based on Tekyu City.

But then, I wasn't raised in the city, where everything was buzzing with people and lights. I was rather born and raised at the suburbs high of the mountain where our house was disguised as a Buddhist temple. People thought our family was religious but when in real life it is not what they seem but guess that it will be better that way.

Few knew what Jujutsu Sorcery is and what they do .The higher ups wanted to work in the shadows to suppress curses and in order to protect humanity. One of those higher up is my grandfather. Yoshinubo Gakuganji.

To say the least, grandfather and I are distant, almost as if we are strangers living under the same roof. He was rather stoic, aloof and sometimes an odd ball. I couldn't understand him, there was this great distance between us. Though, he is one of the great well known sorcerers, he's also the worst.

The man got no ethics when executing curses, he doesn't care if someone got hurt so I don't really think of him greatly.

With that in the way, I always spent my time inside the four corners of my room either talking to myself or blankly staring at the mirror. It's not that I wasn't allowed to go out but doing that will be embarrassing because of the amount of guards around me.

"Hey Kiko, If I would die today, what will you tell my grandfather?" I asked the butler that got newly hired, one day.

"Eh? Are you testing me? If I say something you don't like would you kill me?"

My attention was now fully at him and almost choked at my own saliva. "Just what do you think I am?"

"Oh really? Hahahah" He laughed awkwardly then raises his hand to scratch the back of his head. "Then, I'll say the cause of your death then,"

"Aren't you afraid that you'll get framed?"

"Now that you asked that, I wouldn't be, right?"

"I don't know, maybe my grandfather would?" I said. "I have a feeling that he would do it someday,"

"Oh okay?" He muttered as his body stiffened.

Growing up I was constantly reminded of how I should capture my father and execute him. Grandfather spat those words with pure hatred, I wasn't pleased. How can he be so hateful towards his own blood? Are parents capable of doing that.

If I'm gonna base it from that scenario, I would think that father isn't his son.

Despite his laments ringing through my ears everyday, I never harbored hatred towards my father. I believed he has reasons. One person can't just do anything without any reason. I will hold on that thought till the day I see my father.

"Isn't that a little bit suspicious?"

Killua muttered after I told them my story. Oddly, the boat ride was long when the island is not really that far but nevertheless, I'm quite okay with it since it eases up the tension a bit.

"How about your mother then, Fischl? She has no say about it?"Gon asked.

"My mother really doesn't talk about it tho... It's like as if she had never met my father," The last part was a joke but before I could even tell them that it is Leorio beat me to it.I flinched as words spouted from his mouth.

"That is weird! Didn't you say that your father stole your mother's eyes? But then you also said that your father ran away before you were born, isn't it a little bit off that your father came back to the house just to steal your mother's eyes? Like he did that for what? And then your Grandfather hates him for what—"

"Leorio! You should really watch your words, it's making Fischl uncomfortable!" Kurapika cuts him off. "We can't play detective in this case."

I looked at him and nodded. Thank God, we have a Kurapika in our lives.

"It's okay, Kurapika, Leorio's just concerned." I giggled. "And the last part was meant to be a joke so it's kinda my fault."

"Is it really—"Leorio started again.

"Leorio,"

I smiled, it's been a while since I spend my time like this. Our group clicked with each other, I hope I could do this with them again.

"Oh thank you guys for listening, I don't really have that much friends so I have no one to talk to about these things,"

They all smiled. I was about to give them a hug when the announcer started stating who goes first into the island (which obviously was Hisoka). After a time of sitting around, they finally mentioned my badge.

"406, you're up,"

I got up and swatted the dust of my skirt. I looked and saw the whole squad approaching me. Leorio gave me a pat on the head while Gon rushed up to me and held between his arms.

"Keep safe, Fishcl."

I hugged him back and saw Killua giving me a meaningful look. I reached out to him and gave him a pinch which made him flinch away from me. But that didn't stop him from teasing me.

"I will, Gon."

"I'm sure, Fischl can do it. Good luck out there," Kurapika stated.

I said my goodbyes to them before walking down the path through the forest. The breeze coming from the sea was comforting me, and the trees that gave shade almost reminded me of our house.

"I wonder what the island awaits me,"

A little note from the Author;

Lmao hi I'm back.