08.1

The Trick Tower galloped up through the clouds at its enormous height. Its cylindrical shape is what makes it quite unique from the other buildings I see in the city. I sighed and stretched my muscles. The airship left an hour ago but we are still here, figuring out how to get to the bottom without actually climbing down.

Remembering what happened earlier, the man was quite a petty, his screaming was absolutely loud that I could still hear it right now. His fucked up face as he got snooped by creatures as he tried to climb down on the sides of the tower. May his soul rest in peace.

I looked around and noticed the decreasing number of applicants. That could only mean one thing, most of them already found a way out of there. I turned around to inform Gon when I stepped on something, when I looked, the tile in the ground flipped upside down, I yelped and the only thing I last saw was Gon's surprised face.

I landed on my two feet and noticed that I was the only one inside the room. I looked around and saw that there were two doors, one painted black and one painted white. I smirked when I realized what these could be, one of the doors will lead to a trap. 

(GIF from 'Alice in Borderland')

"Greeting, player, the one you've picked is an escape room. You're one lucky gal," A voice said coming through the speakers. "Your first challenge is to choose one of those doors but one of those doors has a trap on it so be careful in choosing. Good luck,"

Then my intuition was correct. My eyes averted back to the doors and observed them for a while. The first thing I noticed was the colors, does the color relate to which one is the trap? It might be but also may not.

My head throbbed from so much thinking that I decided to sit down for a while. I was annoyed and irritated when my mind seemed to be blank.

"Player, you seemed to consume your time in thinking, why don't we take things in a fun way? I'll give you three minutes to choose which door you should pick. If the timer finishes the room you are in will collapse,"

That didn't help at all. The fact that he did that, gave me pressure to think fast. I glanced at the time and I couldn't helped but panic when I saw that it was already 30 seconds down. I sighed and opted to choose a random door, hoping that it isn't the trap one. I proceeded to the black door.

Thank God it wasn't but I was taken aback when I was greeted by the same two doors. One black and One white. I knew for a fact that I couldn't choose randomly now. I opened both doors and they both looked alike except that the other door had a trap inside.

A torch caught my attention, I quickly grabbed break it in halves. I used the other half and threw it into the room with the white door, 'nothing happened'. I threw the other half to other room and lasers quickly emitted from the walls

I went to the safe room and sat down to think again, the room this time had no furniture with it so I have to choose carefully now. I bit my finger as my eyes grazed at the time.

"You seem to be having a hard time—"

"Shut it, I'm thinking,"

"Well, what if I grant you something? I will let you ask me questions or I can give you anything regarding your trial."

My eyes perked up at what he said and in that moment, an idea popped inside my head. I went back to the room where I came from and measured the whole room using my foot. Then I went back to the safe room and did the same.

I smirked when I realized that the room was the same in size and structure

"Then can you give me the floor plan of this trial?"

The man laughed at what I said. "I see...what the lady wishes, she gets,"

Then a floor plan was shown on the screen. I mentally took note and used my nen to recreate it. I figured that only nine rooms would fit on this floor plan based on the size and structure of the rooms.

( GIF from 'Cinema Summary: "How to beat every DEATH GAME in Alice in Borderland"')

Based from what I deduced, I am currently at the third room and there are two death rooms which are located at the middle.