[9]

(Y/N)'s eyes were glued to the empty bento box that Kita had given her. It sat on the kitchen counter as she thought of what to do with it. Maybe I should give it back to him? She thought to herself for a moment, her body jolting at the sound of her phone notifying her of a caller. As she looked to her phone, the familiar face of her cousin shone on the screen. As she answered the phone, the familiar and bubby voice beamed through the phone.

"(Y/N)-chan!"

"Yes Koshi-chan?"

"I messed up!"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened slightly. "What happened?"

"I... Might have forgotten to give him the box... with my name on it..." His voice was filled sadness. This dude.

"Why would you do that?" (Y/N) groaned in annoyance. "How else would he have known it was you?"

"Well, he doesn't."

"Did he like the Mochi?"

"He did.." Koshi sighed softly in annoyance. "What do I do (Y/N)? I've messed up..."

She took in the information for a moment, scratching her head slightly. "We can do it again if you'd like? Make something else even?"

"Like what?'

"We could make something simple? Fruit sandwiches maybe?"

It became quiet for a moment, (Y/N) could feel the debate on the other side of the line. As she waited for her cousin to respond, she began to boil a kettle. 

"Alright. Let's do it." (Y/N) smiled softly, switching the call to a facetime. She stared at her cousins face, his silver hair dim in the dark lighting. "(Y/N)-chan, how don't you have a boyfriend yet?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're an amazing cook, you're smart and you're pretty. It's just strange..."

(Y/N) stirred her tea, debating for a moment. "Well, there is this one guy..." 

"Really?!" 

She sighed softly "I don't think anything will happen, I think we're just going to be friends. Besides, why should I tell you anything when you haven't even told me anything about this mystery boy?"

"Well... He's on my volleyball team."

"No way..."

"What?"

"You like Daichi!" (Y/N) exclaimed, her smile wide as her cousin began to panick. 

"Wait how did you figure it out that easily?!"

"He's the only one that's actually your type." (Y/N) took a sip from her tea. "Are you ready to start?"

KITA'S POV

Shinsuke quietly walked down the hall with Aran, listening to his friend talk about the tournament in Japan. He tucked his hands into his pockets, hiding his mouth behind the collar of his jacket. We have to make sure we're prepared for every possibility that's thrown at us. He stood in front of his locker, putting in the combination to open it. I wonder if I'll see Sugawara-san today... Today's the day she usually wears a red bow in her hair...

"Kita-san, are you listening to me?" Aran pulled him out of his daydream, his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Ah, sorry Aran-san. I was just thinking."

"About?"

"It's nothing important." Shinsuke opened his locker door, seeing the familiar bento box sitting inside. What is this doing here? I thought I gave it to Sugawara-san... He pulled the box out from the locker, watching as a folded note fell from the top of the box. Aran picked the note up. 

"Another bento box?" He handed Shinesuke the note, confusion written over his face. Shinsuke opened the note up, a smile spreading across his face.

'For Kita,

 I hope you enjoy! I would have given it to you in person, but my teacher is making me go to class early as a punishment for sleeping during class on Tuesday. Good luck with your day!

~ Sugawara (Y/N)'

Shinsuke opened the lid slightly, staring at the fruit sandwiches. They look good. 

"What is is Kita-san?"

"Sugawara-san made me fruit sandwiches."

"She made you another bento box?" Aran tilted his head, but a slight smile spread across his face. "It's about time that she noticed you, don't you think?"

Shinsuke nodded slightly in agreement, a smile spreading across his face. He looked back to the box. "Should I make her another one?"

"With what?"

Shinsuke pouted slightly before he looked up slightly. What would I make her?