[7]

As she stared at her roof, she couldn't help but think back to the boy in the gym. How the sweat dripped down his face, how he stared at her. So he's a volleyball player... She thought to herself, a smile spread across her face. Maybe I should go see him tomorrow... Her thoughts were interrupted by her phone notifying of a caller. As she looked at the screen, her cousins face beamed on the screen. She let out a soft huff, a slight smile spreading across her face as she answered. 

"(Y/N)-chan!" (Y/N) could feel Koshi's smile beam through the phone.

"Hello Koshi-san, what's up?"

"I just wanted to see how my favourite cousin is doing."

(Y/N) scoffed slightly at the remark. "What do you want?"

"Why do you assume that I want something?"

"I'm your only cousin that's actually around your age, of course I'm your favourite. Now spill."

A sigh was heard from the other side of the phone. "(Y/N), there's this boy that I like..." He began. "I don't know what to do."

"Whose the boy?"

"That's not important. (Y/N), can you... teach me how to cook?"

"You want to make him something?"

"Well... Yeah." He sighed softly "Please Senpai! teach me your ways!"

(Y/N) was hesitant, before her eyes travelled to an empty bento box. Her eyes brightened slightly as a thought passed. Maybe I could make something for that boy. She pursed her lips slightly. "Alright Koshi-chan. Let's facetime." 

She hung up on her cousin, wrapping a robe around herself as she left her room to the kitchen. She called her cousin over facetime, the two smiling and giggling to each other as they made mochi. Her cousin was from the Miyagi prefecture, which meant that they couldn't see each other much, but when they were together, it was like they saw each other all the time. 

~ ~ ~ ~

(Y/N) rested her head against her desk, her shoulders feeling heavy from exhaustion. She felt a nudge on her shoulder, trying to get her to look up. She swatted the hand away, hiding her eyes into her arms. "5 more minutes..." She mumbled softly. 

"You know, it's very rude to fall asleep in class." The familiar voice began, staring down at her. (Y/N) opened her eyes slightly, looking up to the boy that sat in front of her. "You should probably wake up."

She nodded in agreement, sitting up properly. She took a deep breath. "Thank you."

"Why is miss perfect so tired today?"

"I stayed up... Making something I guess." She looked around the classroom, seeing that it was empty.

"It's break you know."

"I slept for the whole morning?!"

"It's actually our second break-"

"I SLEPT FOR HALF THE DAY?!" (Y/N) gripped her hair tightly. The Mochi might be worthless now if I don't take them now. She quickly looked at the time. "Suna, where is that white haired guy on the volleyball team?"

"Oh uh... The captain? He might be on the 3rd year floor..." Before he could say anything, she had bolted out of the classroom to her locker. Surely I'll have enough time to take this to him. She pulled out the white bento box that had a pink bow on top of it. Hopefully he won't find it too girly...

(Y/N) began to sprint up the stairs, wanting to try find the male before the lunch bell went. She looked into the classrooms, trying to spot any sign of him. Where is he?? She stopped by one of the classrooms, quickly asking one of the students. "Hey, do you know where this white haired boy is? He's on the volleyball team?"

"I don't know. Sorry Sugawara-san." (Y/N) nodded before she began to continue searching for the boy. She couldn't find any trace of him throughout the floor. Maybe he's sick today?

"Hello?" She tensed slightly at the familiar voice. She turned slightly, looking to the boy. His eyes focused on her, a slight smile on his lips. "I didn't know you were a third year."

"Well I'm... I'm not." She cleared her throat, feeling her back drench in sweat. 

"What brings you to this floor then?"

"Well I... uh..." She began to blank out. What am I doing here? She looked to the bento box, before pushing it to the boys chest. "I made this, for you."

The boy tilted his head before he took the box. "This is for me?" (Y/N) nodded, feeling her cheeks warm up. 

"Sorry, I just uh... We had left overs..."

The teenager smiled softly. "Thank you. My team might like it actually." It became silent between the two for a moment. Why did I make him a bento box???

"What's your name?" He finally asked. 

"Sugawara (Y/N)." He nodded slightly. 

"I'm-" The boy was interrupted by another. 

"Kita-san!" (Y/N) tensed slightly at the name, her eyes widening. The boy wrapped an arm around Kita's shoulders. "Whose this?"

"Ojiro-san, this is Sugawara (Y/N). Sugawara, this is Ojiro Aran. He's on the volleyball team with me."

(Y/N) nodded slightly. "It's nice to meet you." She looked at the time. "I should get going, see you later Kita-san." She quickly began to sprint away, trying to get to her class in time. The two boys watched as she disappeared downstairs. 

KITA'S POV

Kita was confused by the sudden gift earlier that day, but he hadn't had time to open it. He sat down at the end of practice once he finished cleaning up. He stared at the box, hesitant to open it. Aran had walked over, a smile on his face. "Are you going to open it?"

"I don't know."

"Kita-san got a gift?!" Atsumu's eyes widened as he ran over. "What's in it?"

"I don't know.." Kita's voice quietened slightly. 

"I bet it's onigiri." Osamu suggested. 

"Maybe it's sushi." Aran suggested. 

"Or it could be an arrange of different foods." Atsumu drooled, staring at Kita. "Open it!"

Kita was hesitant but slowly undid the bow. He lifted the lid, smiling softly at the different types of Mochi. He carefully picked one of the mochi up, taking a bite from the dessert. His eyes brightened slightly as he ate. This is really good... He looked to his team, offering them each a small dessert. 

Atsumu swallowed his mochi whole, smiling widely. "This is so good!!!" Osamu savoured the dessert, his eyes bright. He looked to Kita.

"You need to find the recipe for this." Kita thought to himself as he ate another piece. He looked down at the bento box before his gaze lifted to Osamu. 

"Can you teach me how to make those Onigiri's?"