I 13 I

'Oh-hey-M-Marinette,' I stumble, jumping away from Cat Noir and landing in a heap on the floor. 'Whatcha doing here?' 

She blinks twice, looking speechless. 'I-uh came to talk to you about our homework, but if you're busy-' Marinette backs away towards the door, then stops and frowns. 'What are you doing here Kitty?' 

'Well.' He sucks in a breath. 'What does it look like I'm doing?' 

I sigh loudly. 'Don't answer that, M.' 

'I know what it looks like,' She wiggles her eyebrows. 'So I'll just leave you to it.' 

'Marinette!' I groan, jumping up and pulling her into the hallway. 'Stay, Kitty.' 

'You got it! I wonder how many pictures of me I'll find in here.' he rolls off the bed, pacing over to the window. 

'Don't snoop,' I order, dragging Marinette out of the room. 

'Okay, Y/n. You better tell me what the hell is going on.' She demands. 

'What do you mean?' I cross my arms, trying to act nonchalant. 

'I just found my partner in your room.' She lowers her voice. 'In your bed!' 

'We were just talking,' I explain. 'It was part of the plan.' 

'What plan?' 

'The plan to casually let people know we were dating,' I try. 

'Y/n! He's a superhero and his identity is important! If people think you're dating, they're never going to leave you alone!' Marinette shouts. 

'I already know his identity,' I whisper. 

'WHAT?' 

'Shhh, it's okay,' I say. 'Besides, I won't tell.' 

She lets out a sigh. 'You promise? Not even me. I don't want to know.' 

'Trust me, you don't,' I shake my head. 'You really don't.' 

'Just, be safe okay?' Marinette sighs again. 'Be careful, and don't let anyone know his identity.' 

'I will.' I promise. 

'I cannot stress this enough,' she starts. 'By now, Hawkmoth probably already knows who you are, and he'll try to use you to get to Cat Noir.' 

I hadn't thought of that. 'I promise I'll be careful. Besides, it works for Alya and Nino.' 

'Hawkmoth doesn't know their identities though.' 

I twitch my lip. 

'Guys!' Cat Noir's voice comes from my closed door. 'We have a problem.' 

'What kind of problem?' I hiss, opening the door. 

'That.' He points out the window. 

A giant figure is flying around, shooting yellow orbs at people. 

'Great, the Malediktator is back.' Marinette groans. 'What did Chloe do this time?' 

'It might not be her fault,' Cat Noir says. I roll my eyes. 

'Or it could be entirely her fault again.' 

'Either way, we don't have time to argue,' Cat Noir shoots me a grin. 'You stay here, and be careful.' 

'Ugh, why can't I come?' 

'You too, Marinette,' Cat Noir instructs, leaping out the window. 

'If you get yourself killed, I'll kill you!' I yell after him. 'Now what?' 

I turn around to talk to Marinette but she's already gone after the Malediktator. Great. 

I sigh, slumping down on my bed before turning on my phone. A few minutes pass in silence before I jump up and run downstairs. There's no point in avoiding the action. Alya's always in the midst of chaos and she hasn't died yet. 

I run through the crowds of confused people, stopping in front of the Eiffel Tower where the Malediktator, Ladybug and Cat Noir are battling. 

'By the power invested in me, I declare you a CAT!' He shouts, tossing an energy ball at Cat Noir. It just misses him by the tail and I let out a huge breath of relief. 'Come to watch the show?' 

I realize he's staring right at me, and leap out of the way of another blast. 

'Y/n, get out of here!' Ladybug yells at me, dragging me away. 

'Got it, Hawkmoth!' The Malediktator throws a blast at Ladybug, who jumps out of the way. He makes his way towards me, smiling evily, before reaching out to grab me. 

'Stay away!' Cat Noir shouts, jumping in front of me and dodging a blast. 

'Young love,' The Malediktator clutches his heart, narrowing his eyes. 'By the power invested in me I declare you-' 

But we never got to hear what he declared us as because Ladybug had already ripped his scarf in half. 

'No more evil doing for you, little Akuma,' She caught the purple butterfly, sending it flying away again, now de-evilized. 

'Bye bye little butterfly.' I whisper under my breath.