Ch. 1 There's Always a Dream

The grass was a vibrant green, with the sky a vivid blue. The clouds floated in the sky, the heat being at a perfect temperature. There was no other life form besides the grass and trees for miles around, not even birds, but Lucy dismissed the thought trying to enjoy such a still and calm day. She was sitting on a hillside on the outskirts of Magnolia, just in spring time, the season of nice weather.

It's funny how much you can dislike someone, but once their gone, you realize maybe you didn't actually dislike them that much. Just when things were getting better. Lucy thought sourly as she was hugging her knees against her chest, staring out the scenery that stretched out before her. It's been seven long years, and I didn't even know they happened. But I'm surprisingly okay about this. She chuckled lightly at the thought.

There was a light breeze that made the blades of grass stutter slightly. The trees in the distance were barely swaying. She looked up to the sky and the vivid blue played out memories before her of a time before she was in Fairy Tail. There was her mother and she floated away into another memory with her father and it continued for a while, swirling in a pool of memories.

Then the memories swirled into the ones where she was in Fairy Tail, spending amazing moments with the friends she made. The power of friendship was beautiful and strong, and even more so when being a wizard of Fairy Tail.

She turned to the side to see a figure walking in the distance which seemed to be going in her direction. A little startled that she didn't notice it until it reached up to the hill side she was on. It could've been just about anybody. She continued to look, waiting for the details of the figure to come into focus. It seemed like time was slowing for it seemed the figure was walking slower than it first did when it appeared. Details started to appear, coming as slow as the figure was walking. The figure had a long white coat, dark pants, and black blue hair. As the figure kept getting closer, it turned up being Gray. Lucy didn't really expect for him to be here. She knew her friends were worried after learning about her father's death but after much convincing on her part, they finally let her be. Gray was actually one of the first ones to agree that it would be better if she were alone, being that he's also lost way too many important people in his life.

It wasn't like he bothered her, he was a great friend, but they just weren't as close as she is with Levy, Mira, or even Natsu. He was starting to come in a much clearer view and he shined. It was like his every feature was illuminated making him look shiny, extra detailed, and really sparkly. Oh no. I know he read the first Twilight book, but did he really become this much of a fan?

When he reached her, he sits down next to her, so close they could of almost touched shoulders. An awkward silence passed by until he spoke first, "What are you doing out here Lucy?"

"Oh, you know, admiring the view. Of th-the surroundings, y-yeah." Lucy said timidly.

"You stuttering makes me believe you're doing something else." What else can I be doing? There's nothing but miles of green grass, she thought annoyingly. She gives him a sideway glance to see that he was already looking at her. She quickly turns away. "I was just thinking about things.." She says in a small voice.

"Lucy.I thought you said you were alright?" Alarm rose in his face, toning down his shininess.

She immediately jumps up, his concerned face making her concerned. "No, no! I'm fine, its just hard to believe it's been seven years." Gray stands up next to her and stares off to the distance. "I know its hard for them, all the friends we left behind. Not to mention all the opportunities that passed by with us even knowing. Its just hard to cope with once you start to realize these things, I ju-" She puts her face in her hands.

"It's okay Lucy, I get the same feeling, but we just have to get used to it I suppose. Either way we can't do anything about." He starts walking back to where he came from, not hearing what she muttered under her breath. "So easy to say, but so much harder to do." Taking her hands off her face, she stares off to the suddenly really still surroundings. Once again the feeling of time going real slow flows through the air, much more profound this time.

"Aren't you coming Lucy? We can do a job or hangout. Anything to cheer you up." She turns around to see him with a smile that makes him shine more than when he first appeared.

"It's fine Gray. I think I rather stay here." There was a glint in his eyes that showed more than just pleading in them. I have a bad feeling about this, but then again it's just Gray.

He comes up to her, with his coat billowing behind him, and grabs her hand. "Lucy please, come with me." There was the glint in his eye again that showed more profoundly than before.

He suddenly has her in an embrace that had them both stumbling. Regaining their balance, Gray pulls her closer to him. "G-Gray, what are you doing?" He's being weird, he barely talks to me and he never ever hugs.. He hugs more tightly to a point where it started to hurt. Not sure what to do, Lucy attempts to push him away but looks up to see that his face was starting to deform, sort of like how when your ice cream starts melting it lops off to the side. She screams while trying even harder to get him away as far as she could.

"Whats wrong Lucy?" His face, deforming even more, managed to get a wicked grin on it. Still screaming she kicks out at him, throwing him to the ground on his back. By now, Gray's face has completely melted and his whole body was starting to melt away too. "Lucy, whats wrong? I thou-" He turned into a puddle as he said the last words. Lucy suddenly felt as if she were falling from a high cliff, and everything around her was rapidly turning black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys, sorry about the abrupt ending, I didn't want to make it too long :P