25

We get back to the compound a little earlier than normal which is nice because I have time to get ready for my training with Nat.

Every Saturday me and her train for an hour or so. We started doing it when I first joined the Avengers but I never took it very seriously until the Blake situation.

"Well thanks for the run guys I'm gonna go head over to the gym."

Steve looked at me and sad "Already? You don't start training for another 10 minutes."

"It's only like 2 steps away," Sam says patting my back.

"I just was hoping to get some extra time with her today."

"Alright well I'll talk to you later then."

"Cya, Morgan."

"Bye guys," I say waving.

I start heading towards the gym and start putting my hand wraps on. As soon as I'm done Nat walks through the door, "Hey, are you ready?"

"Yes," I say smiling watching her put her duffel bag down.

About a half hour later we move on from kickboxing and cardio to the punching bag. I didn't realize how sore my shoulder still was from Bucky's first night.

I punch the bag just right and pain shoots down through my arm causing me to stop.

I'm pretty sure Natasha noticed, "Need a break?"

"Maybe," I say holding my arm so gravity isn't pulling it down as much.

"Everything alright? You are moving a little slower today."

"Yea I just-" I let go of my arm because that's a dead giveaway somethings up, "I'm just tired, haven't been sleeping well lately I guess."

"Okay well why don't we just finish up early then?"

No. I don't want to finish early. Blake is coming, I need to be ready. Slacking won't help me prepare for what he's about to do. "Sure." Well there goes that.

"Alright, I'll catch you later? It's been awhile since we took some time to get away from all this testosterone."

I laugh, "Yea we have to plan something soon." Again, one of those things where you say one thing but you both know you won't be doing it.

"Great. Talk to you later Morgan."

"Cya later Nat."

She leaves but I go right back to the punching bag.

An hour later and I'm still at the gym. I only take a break when I see my phone ring, "Hello?"

"Hey! Do you wanna stop by real quick?" It's Steve.

"Yea sure, what's up?"

"I got some good news. I'll tell you about it when you get here." He says excitedly.

"Alright I'll be there soon."