23

After me and Bucky talked, we watched a movie and went to bed but, about 3 and a half hours later I was woken up to a bunch of noise coming from Bucky's room followed by quiet screams.

I quickly open my door and rush into his room not even thinking about what happened last time.

I see him moving around on the floor occasionally hitting the bed or his nightstand with his arms or his head.

"Bucky?"

I hear him start to cry, "Bucky!"

I rush over to him and get on my knees trying to hold his head so he doesn't hit it anymore. "It's okay Bucky it's Morgan. I'm here. Take a deep breath. You're in control."

He suddenly sits up and looks around the room, probably thinking he would wake up wherever he was in his dream.

"What's the matter?"

He stares at the wall absentmindedly.

"What happened? Why are you on the floor?"

He doesn't look at me but responds with, "Beds too soft."

This really tugs at my heart. He deserves better than this.

I sink down from my knees and sir on the floor with him, "Have you been sleeping on the floor this whole time? We can get you another mattress if that would help you feel more at home."

He finally looks over at me and takes my hand. He smiles slightly and leans back down with his blanket to go back to sleep as he lets go.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm tired."

"What happened?"

He keeps his eyes open and doesn't say anything.

"You can talk to me Bucky. You're safe here." I wish he would talk to me.

"Another time. Thank you Morgan, Goodnight."

I decide not to push it, he will talk when he's ready. Instead I head back to my bedroom not being able to fall asleep.

I cant get Bucky out of my head. I want to be there for him. I want to be someone he can trust. I want to protect him from Blake and Hailey. I want him to feel safe with me. I just don't know where to start.

I open my laptop and look at cameras and high end weaponized security systems for my apartment room.

Blake could come at any given moment. If I am gonna keep this to myself and deal with it alone, I need to be prepared. I need my suit.