Flashback

I get home from a long day with the Avengers but what my boyfriend, Blake, thinks is just a normal 7-3 nursing job.

"Hello beautiful," he walked out of the kitchen and gave me a quick kiss.

"Hey, how was your day?" I asked as I pulled away slightly.

I think he noticed me pull away but chose to ignore it, "Good, and yours?"

"Alright, I had a patient throw up on me today so I think I'm actually just gonna go shower." I said quickly.

A couple nights before this we got into a big fight and were hardly talking. I was happy he was warming up to me but I wasn't sure why.

He grabbed my wrist tightly as I started walking away, "Don't be too long, I've got a surprise waiting for you."

I gave a fake small smile before I turned around quickly and locked the door behind me.

Me and Blake always had a good relationship. He was the kind of guy to open the door for you, buy you flowers, come to the door when he picked you up, loved talking to your parents, almost any girls dream guy.

He was always there for me when I needed to talk to someone but never too pushy. That was, until about a month and a half before the fight.

I thought he was unaware of my secret late night excursions but that couldn't have been further from the truth.

He started setting up cameras to see when I would leave and come back, he tried to follow me to work which thankfully was taken care of by Tony.

The team agreed it would be best for Blake's safety if he didn't know I was a part of the Avengers or that I even had a suit of my own. Tony arranged for my "job" to be a nurse, meaning I would have to follow through with med school to sell the story better.

Not everyone at the hospital was aware of my situation but everyone knew what to do.

We never really had to use the hospital story much before Blake became more curious. It got to the point where we needed to come up with fake charts and patients.

He started questioning me and that's what led to the fight.

He wanted to know who I was working with, why I wasn't telling him, where I was going, or what I was hiding in the basement. I couldn't keep anything from him anymore. Because all of this, I've just been sleeping on the couch.

I got dressed in some sweatpants and my blue Champion sweatshirt and left the bathroom to put my scrubs in the laundry basket in our bedroom.

"Honey!" Blake called my name.

"Yea I'm coming," I should have just ran while I had the chance.

I walked out of our room and went into the living room and found him by the stairs to the basement. He knew I was hiding something, something big.

"What's the surprise?" I asked hesitantly.

"Come," he waved his hand downstairs.

I walked down the stairs to find everything cleared out but one chair, "Sit."

"What are yo-" he cut me off.

"SIT DOWN!" I jumped at his sudden scream that was practically in my ear. He never talked like this to me before, I shouldn't have been as scared as I was, I have my own iron man suit for crying out loud, but I was terrified and did as I was told.