67: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

"I believe we have addressed everything in the assembly hall, Duke of Cancer."

Anne did not missed the smirk that came out of the face of the pig in front of her.

"Well, I have some concerns that I wished to relay to her majesty that should not be heard by the other nobles, who we might know, far beyond greedy for their own means."

Anne stopped her eyebrow from twitching up. The disgusting man in front of her was the greediest person she had met. However, when she was a young queen, she could not push away the man as he is the only one who gave support to the young foreign queen. That support helped Anne quite a lot in order for her to stay in high society and put the nobles of Spade in check. However, Anne knows that that help she received from the Duke was not out of kindness.

'This man is asking for a payment now.'

"Go on."

The man chuckled when Anne demanded him to go on speaking what on the duke's mind. Then he whispered.

"It would be on our both best interest if we converse in private, your majesty. After all, this is in regards the safety of the millennial princess."

Upon hearing Dream's title, Anne could no longer stop her face from wrenching. Anne is filled with mix emotions where the Duke interpreted it that the Queen bit into his scheme.

Anne fell in silence and said.

"I-I will seek your audience in the near future." Then she turn back to continue her grand exit.

Anne's mind is occupied by lots of things. The red dawn outside made her wants to see the face of the girl who she thinks she treasures with great care like a tiny gem.

......

Anne whispered to her maids not to follow her inside. The maids trembled from her orders but they did not show any opposition otherwise.

Anne watch the servants bowed their head and she slowly open the door. Inside is a tiny room meant for a tiny girl. The bed where the girl should be is empty but on the side just under the window sil is a girl covered in blanket.

Anne silently walked to the window and closed it. Then she looked down at the skinny girl who seems to be in real deep sleep.

Anne sat down and watch the girl's face under the light of the sunset. Her hand move and fix the disheveled hair of the girl.

'She have grown.'

The girl in front of her grown up far too differently than her own child. Of course that is a fact as the two have totally different set of parents. On the other hand, Lunard is a complete stranger she picked up to be Soliard's twin.

Anne is mesmerized by the girl's sleeping face.

She raised Lunard who is also a stranger to her but the girl in front of her is someone more special.

Anne gently caressed the sleeping girl's face. Anne remembered when she first saw the girl as a toddler. She hated how curly and black her hair was and the girl's striking resemblance to Joseph. She hated that a fruit of the man she supposed to love manifested from some other woman. She hated it all even though Anne is already in love with another man and was already nurturing her own fruit.

However it all changed when Anne watch the girl growing day by day. She watch the little girl learning to smile little by little. She watch the girl trying to speak little by little and even though. Anne can only observer it all in a distance. However, Anne cannot help it but be mesmerized.

"He raised you with care." She whispered to herself.

Anne always thought that the gaze this girl received from the man she loves is just as much the man supposed to give to their son.