Chapter 26: Gather your arms men it's time for War!

Start from the beginning

“It doesn’t matter, nothing’s changed!”

“It’s repulsive!” an elderly male shouted.

“Give it a rest Ernie, isn’t your cousin gay?” a woman shouted back at him.

“Carson has proven himself and I stand by him!” Yet another member spoke up.

I could sense that this was starting to get serious as people started shouting at each other and even going as far as to shove each other as the quarrelling heated up.

“He can’t choose his mate, it’s not his fault!”

“That little boy has been a problem since day one, I knew he’d cause something like this!” someone else shouted and I flinched , knowing he was referring to me.

“I’ll go rogue before I obey another order from him!”

“His own father doesn’t approve why should we?!”

“You’re all a bunch of hypocrites, you’ve loved and respected him when you thought he was straight, but guess what you’ve loved and respected a gay man so deal with it!”

It was then that the first punch flew and after that it was chaos. Carson pulled me back when a wooden chair was thrown and it shattered at the front of the stage. His eyes blazed but we didn’t see the culprit. I couldn’t even hear my own thoughts and the voices seemed to be getting louder and louder.

No one was just standing around anymore as a few small fights broke out among the crowd and I felt my knees go weak. I was the cause of all this.

I grabbed Carson’s arm, my eyes wide with fright and he looked down at me, concerned.

“It’s ok Laken. He nodded to someone behind me and I felt someone grab my arm and pull me away from the front of the stage to stand in the back where it was safer. It was a guard.

“Thomas!” Carson said, communicating his orders through only his name. Thomas nodded and motioned for the guards to step forth. I was surprised they weren’t apart to the whole mess but I suppose their training taught them to take things in stride. They followed the Alpha’s orders no matter what.

I covered my ears with my hand and cringed as I heard the shots being fired into the air. Screams went up and the fighting came to a halt as the participants scrambled away from the sound of the gun shots.

“Enough!” Thomas and Carson shouted in unison and the sound itself was enough to send a shiver down my spine. A few of the wolves looked toward the stage and even quieted down but others were still arguing and moving out of the way of the approaching guards.

I watched in surprise as both the Alpha and his Beta shrank down in size, shifting into their wolf form. It was an impressive sight to behold. It’s like they were one person with the way they synchronized. When they growled I felt my insides quake and I felt my knees buckle as did everyone else in the pack.

I heard their whimpers but I could look nowhere but at the Alpha and Beta. This was their true power and at the sound of an Alpha’s growl, everyone was lowered into submission; even the strongest wolves. I craned my neck up to see most of the pack on their knees, ears covered, but otherwise silent.

Carson shifted back but Thomas remained in his wolf form, his narrowed eyes scanning the crowd.

“I may have inherited this position but I’ve proven myself worthy of it and I will fight with everything I have to keep it. As is practice, if there is any opposition to an Alpha’s reign then a pack member may fight him for it, but keep in mind this is a fight to the death and even if I die, since I have no heirs the position goes to my Beta. I’m afraid however that you’ll face the same problem with Thomas as his mate is also male.” His voice was calm as he said this but his tone was deadly and no one spoke as his glaring eyes drifted over the crowd.