Chapter 19: I'll take the left...

Chapter 19

“No.”

“Carson it’s five days it’s not like I’ll be there forever.”

“No.”

I sighed; “You’re being unfair and ridiculous.”

“Am I?” he raised an eyebrow; “five days alone with that pervert. Who knows what he’ll pull.”

My eyes widened...did I not just explain this to him?!

“Like I said there’ll be seventeen of us with him and he’s not a pervert, you’re just too bloody jealous to see that.” I retorted.

It had been days since the Lucas Incident and he still couldn’t let it go. He was convinced Lucas would jump my bones any chance he got and that he’d have a great opportunity to do it on this trip.

Lucas had organized a class trip to Canada where we’d be participating in a chemistry workshop put on my some hot shot organization. Five days of no school, a different environment, different people and fun! There was no way in hell I was going to let Carson ruin it for me.

“No, you’re just too naïve to see it.”

I bristled slightly, call me any name in the book no problem but I absolutely hated when people called me naïve.

“It doesn’t really matter anyway because I’m going and I’ll see you when I get back.” I reached down to pick up the shirt I’d dropped and stuffed it into my duffle, aware all the while of the death glare Carson was giving me.

“Just because you’re my mate doesn’t mean you get to disobey me.” He said through clenched teeth.

“Just because I’m your mate doesn’t mean you get to make decisions for me. I have a mind of my own so if I say I’m going then I’m going.” I retorted.

We were glaring at each other now, neither of us willing to back down.

“I can’t allow you to go off on some damn weekend getaway with a practical stranger who confessed his love for you and has been stalking you for who knows how the hell long. Open your eyes Laken, this is just an opportunity he created to get into your pants…and who knows where else!”

“Weekend getaway? It’s a school trip!” I shouted back.

What the hell was wrong with him?!

“And of course that’s all you heard. I don’t care whether it’s a five minute trip to the dentist or a ten year escape to the zoo, you’re not going, end of story.”

I watched as he picked up my duffle and shook all the clothes out onto the bed then turned to me with arms crossed and a raised eyebrow. As if challenging me.

He was ruining everything! Yes Lucas was a stranger, yes he did come off a bit crazy and obsessive but we’d be surrounded by a bunch of other students, I was sharing a room to my friends, Lyla would be there and even if all those factors didn’t exist, I could handle Lucas, he wouldn’t do anything I didn’t want him to do and since I certainly didn’t want him to do anything at all then everything would be fine.

Carson didn’t know him like I did. Yes I know I didn’t know him very long but my judgment of character wasn’t that skewed. I wanted to go to Canada with my friends; I hadn’t had an opportunity like this in forever.

“If it’s such a problem to you then you should come along as some kind of senior assistant or something but either way I just wanna go.”

“I have finals and I have a bunch of insane female visitors to deal with I can’t leave.” He explained.