Chapter Twenty-Seven💥Kingdom Fall

I don't own anything except any original characters (including the Reader's concept) and/or any original plot

💥

Chapter Twenty-Seven - Kingdom Fall

💥

Waking up in a cell wasn't very surprising

Honestly, waking up in a normal cell was better than a lot of other options. You could have been executed immediately due to treason, or locked up like All for One so you couldn't move and would spend the rest of your days stuck in a plain cell.

So, waking up on a cot in a boring but furnished cell was nice.

Rubbing your eyes, you noted that there were no cuffs or chains on your hands and/or feet. There wasn't even a Quirk suppressant on you, though it didn't matter much anymore.

Something wiggled in your pocket and you nearly jumped out of your skin when you first felt it. Cautiously reaching in, you relaxed when you saw it was just one of Hawk's feathers.

"I'm alright," you whispered, "This was inevitable, I knew that. Don't worry about me and don't do anything stupid to try to get me out. Worry about yourselves. I'm sure we'll see each other again someday."

The feather wiggled in what you assumed was confirmation, so you stuck it back in your pocket and took comfort in knowing that Hawks and Dabi were somewhere safe enough to communicate with you freely.

Lying back on the cot, you closed your eyes and took stock of your own body and mind. The chronic pain that had plagued your muscles ever since you received your energy-based Quirk was gone. You were thankful for it and saddened at the same time. Your decision to remove your Quirks was impulsive and perhaps a bit stupid, but you couldn't find it in yourself to feel much regret over it. You'd miss your Quirk, but you wouldn't miss all the problems that came with it. You weren't close enough with your superstrength Quirk to feel any true loss, aside from the fact that it reminded you of your father. You didn't like to think of your family much anyway- either family, now. The one you were born into and the one you found.

Tomura was dead. It filled you with a detached kind of sadness. In a way, it was better that he died. The rest of his life would have been spent in a cell otherwise, or he would have slowly taken over and destroyed the world. Neither option sounded very appealing, so death was okay.

You'd known Tomura for 5 years, but it felt like much longer than that. The two of you had fought together, grown together, and in the end, you turned on him. You didn't regret that very much either, even if you were going to miss bickering with Tomura.

The rest of the LOV was a big question mark. Dabi and Hawks were likely well on their way out of the country by that point, if they were out of Japan already. The others, however... they could have run or they could have fought until they got caught. You could see all of them doing one, or half of them doing one and half of them doing the other. Maybe you'd be put in the same prison as them if they got caught-