💥Epilogue💥

I don't own anything except any original characters (including the Reader's concept) and/or any original plot

💥

Epilogue

💥

If there was one thing Katsuki hated about being the Number Two Hero (he was Number One last year and Number Three the year before that thanks to Deku and Icyhot) it was the public functions

Katsuki managed to avoid most of them unless his stupid PR rep forced him to go or it was directly related to his hero work and therefore unavoidable, but it hadn't just been his PR agent working against him this time. Deku had teamed up with her to make him go this time, which felt like a betrayal.

"Stupid events with all those stupid rich people," Katsuki muttered under his breath after holding a completely pointless with the heiress of some big tech company, "I hate you for bringing me to this."

"You hate me for everything," Deku waved off the insult easily, their relationship well enough improved that jokes like that were okay now, "Besides, it was really important that you came here."

"To an event about Quirkless rights? Deku, you know I hate coming to this shit over anything else," Katsuki held no hate for the Quirkless anymore, on the contrary, he'd spoken up more than once about it, but actually going to events reminded him too much of someone he'd worked too hard to move on from, "You couldn't have just brought Icyhot and been a stupid power-couple like always?"

"Shouto had plans with Fuyumi's kids tonight. I wanted you to come," Deku had that twinkle in his eye that never failed to annoy Katsuki. The damn nerd was hiding something.

"What aren't you telling me?" Katsuki asked suspiciously, fully prepared to beat the answers out of Deku if it came to it. Katsuki hated surprises (it took a botched birthday party and a broken nose on Kirishima's part for everyone to figure that out).

Practically ignoring Katsuki, Deku was looking around the room- seemingly for someone in particular. Katsuki had enough and grabbed Deku's arm, pulling it hard enough that some of Deku's drink sloshed out of his glass.

"Deku, if you don't tell me what the hell is going on-"

"Found 'em!" Deku chirped, using Katsuki's grip to his advantage and pulling him through the crowd.

Swearing quietly the entire way - because apparently swearing profusely at formal events was "bad for his image - Katsuki followed along, his curiosity getting the better of him and overpowering his annoyance.

As the pair weaved their way around immaculately dressed guests, some Katsuki knew and some he didn't, Katsuki finally caught a glimpse of who he thought Deku was leading him to based on their trajectory.