Chapter Twenty-Five💥A Game of Chess

I don't own anything except any original characters (including the Reader's concept) and/or any original plot

💥

Chapter Twenty-Five - A Game of Chess

💥

"Breaking news! Earlier today the warden of Tartarus prison confirmed that famed villain All for One died last night

"Breaking news! Earlier today the warden of Tartarus prison confirmed that famed villain All for One died last night. The cause is undetermined, but no foul play is suspected. According to the medical staff at the prison, all brain function stopped early this morning and bodily functions ceased soon after. More on this story as it develops-"

Shutting the TV off, you turned to face the League. All of them were silent, each stuck in a different state of shock. When it was clear no one was going to speak, you gladly broke the silence.

"Things will continue as planned. This doesn't change anything, even if it feels like it. No one here will even suggest stopping what the Doctor is doing, got it?"

"Shigaraki should know. That guy was like his dad," Shuichi argued.

"That guy is now dead, useless. There's no reason we should stop our plans because of that. Tomura is nearly done with treatment, let's not forget that. All that changes is that we won't need to break All for One out of prison anymore. It's one less step. His death makes things easier if anything."

Eyes shining with more interest than his face showed, Dabi asked, "Isn't he going to freak out when he finds out?"

Dabi knew. The two of you made eye contact and you could tell he knew. It didn't matter. The two of you had already discussed what he wanted to do during the war and what could possibly come after. This wouldn't change that, it wouldn't break the trust you had formed. Not when Dabi already knew what you were going to do.

"Tomura is smart enough to hold back any tantrums long enough to get things done." at the group's dubious looks you added, "He is now, at least. I've known him the longest, and I know he'll be able to do this. His relationship with All for One has always been... complicated. I'll hold a meeting with the squads later today to tell them what I told you and go over the plan again. This changes nothing."

This changes everything.

Either nodding or muttering their agreements, the League stayed in the living while you walked away. You'd spend time with them tomorrow. Right now you had one more thing to do before you could finally relax.

The days were counting down, and it felt like there were too many things to do before your time was up. You didn't have much time until the war would begin-

No, not a war, you mentally scolded yourself, It will be over far before it can come to that

Spotting familiar red wings in front of you, you sped up to catch up with your prey. When you were close enough you reached out and plucked a feather from the back of his wings. He spun around immediately, hands going up in a defensive stance. His reaction was probably because of where he was. He'd never do that to a touchy fan, no matter how uncomfortable it made him.