Chapter Twenty-Six💥As the World Caves In

I don't own anything except any original characters (including the Reader's concept) and/or any original plot

💥

Chapter Twenty-Six - As the World Caves In

💥

The lower levels were absolute chaos, flooded with heroes that were battling PLF members who were eager to prove their worth now that they had the chance

The lower levels were absolute chaos, flooded with heroes that were battling PLF members who were eager to prove their worth now that they had the chance. You didn't have time to worry about them, the PLF members or the heroes. You didn't care about them much either.

Someone you did care about was Twice, who was currently pinned down and about to be stabbed by Hawks. Without hesitation, you jumped down three floors, a quick burst of energy stopping you from going any further and propelling you directly into Hawks so you could tackle him off your friend.

"What did I say?" You shrieked like a banshee, punching him once across the face before he grabbed your wrists and stopped you from doing any further damage, "What did I say, Hawks? I warned you what would happen if you hurt them!"

"I didn't want to," Hawks hissed out, his eyes darting between you and Twice, who was having trouble with his personalities on the ground, "You think I have a choice here?"

"You do! You do have a choice! That was the whole fucking point of my lecture you dumb bird! You don't have to be what they made you! I've seen you smile for fans, I still have your dumb picture on my phone! You don't smile like that with us, with Dabi. It's different."

"You're delusional."

"Am I? Or am I someone who knows the difference between faking it and feeling something real?"

Hawks hesitated, knowing the answer but not wanting to admit it, "I can't-"

"Yes you can," you insisted, on a tight schedule and unwilling to run late, "Go. Run away! If you shed your wings enough you can pass as someone else for days. Go."

"Keigo." Both of your heads snapped to face Dabi, who was helping Twice to his feet. He turned to Hawks with a smile that seemed unnatural on his normally emotionless and/or annoyed face. But it was genuinely happy, and something you never thought you'd see, "It's time to go, birdy. Let's run away together."

Hawks' expression shattered. For a moment you thought he was going to cry, but all he did was let your wrists go. Taking the hint you quickly rolled off him, ready to step in in case something happened.

"I have suspicions about you, about your past."

"I know. You'll learn all about me away from here. The world will too in about an hour. As much as I'd like to see the bastard's reaction, we should be gone by then."

Nodding once, Hawks turned to you, "You planning on running away with Bakugou?" At your confused look he continued, "I put the pieces together on Nabu. There was a lot of care there for two people who were supposed to be enemies."