S

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too
Or am I fool who sits alone talking to the moon

+

"How's your day?"

She asked while they're slouched down on the couch, watching a movie on their TV.

"It's good, nothing new."

He replied with his eyes still focused on the screen. When she kept quiet he looked down to her.

"Love, is there something wrong?"

He sat up and looked at her. He cupped her face and placed a peck on her lips. Whenever she cries he would always do this to distract her from crying and just focus on him.

"What is it?"

Finally, the tears she'd been stopping fell. The whole week was exceptionally too exhausting for her. She also lost a patient that's been in her care for a year now.

"Would you leave me too?"

She asked, her eyes brimming with tears. It was an unexpected question, she too was shocked with what came out of her mouth. It was not the one she had in mind but that is what she said.

"No, of course not. I'll always be here when you need me."

He pulled her into a hug and caressed her hair softly whispering sweet things to help her calm down. Which successfully did.

"W-what if when I-I don't n-need you? You w-won't be h-here anymore?"

She asked like a child making him chuckle and cup her face once more. He knows it's not the right time to think like that but she's just really cute whenever she cries like that.

"I'll always be here love."

He didn't answer her question but it is enough for her, at least for now.

116