3. Right Wrong Answers (revised)

This is the revised version of the original chapter 3.
Even if you have already read the original chapter, I would love to know your opinions on this version.

(for those who commented on the original: don't worry, I didn't delete the chapter, it's just not public anymore)

Please don't forget to vote and comment :)

- I'm so broke. – Blake lamented, looking at the picture on his phone.

- Are you looking at that bicycle again?

His gaze shifted to May, - It's not a bicycle. It's a motorcycle.

- Maybe if it was a bicycle you would have the money for it.

Blake swung his body on the bed, sitting up so he could look at his Finn and May, who sat on Finn's bed, across from each other.

- Finn, your best friend is bullying your brother.

- I'm not bullying you, - May said, - I'm just right.

With a click of the tongue, Blake stretched his arms and let his body fall back onto the bed. He stared at the cracked ceiling. From the other side of the paper-thin walls, he could hear the neighbour playing violent video games as usual.

- I need a job, - he sighed.

- I saw a clothing store near the campus that needs staff, – Finn talked without taking his eyes off the huge textbook in front of him.

Blake sat so fast everything was out of focus for a moment.

- I could apply!

May raised an eyebrow to him, - You can't work at a clothing store.

- Why not?

- You're way too upfront for that.

- What does that have to do with anything?

She rolled her eyes as a response, then glancing at Finn, who finally put down the book to look at them.

- She has a point, - Finn said.

- What does honesty have to do with working at a clothing store?

Blake watched as they exchanged a look.

- Do you remember last month when I asked you if my new, amazing dress looked bad on me? – May recalled. – You didn't even pretend to think before you said it did.

He shrugged, - It did.

May smiled and Blake knew he had just lost that argument.

Yet, May continued, - Besides, working in retail takes a lot of time. By the time you would be free, the library would be closed.

That was all that was needed to crush every intention he had of working at that store. He could almost see the bike of his dreams dissipate from the screen. As much as he dreamed about it, he couldn't afford to disrupt his studies.