Then, a breath left her lips. She looks at her brothers with a serious expression on her face. "If it is I, you choose to damn, my blood will stain your hands. Forevermore." Belial declares to all in the courtroom. It seems her words had cause chaos as rage is present in the angel's eyes. A loud bang made Belial look up to see Uriel stood up from his seat. His left fist slam on the surface of his desk. Raphael didn't display anger like his brother but she could see her word had impacted him. Hatred could be seen in his eyes. "For your crimes against God, the court of Heaven hereby sentences you to be dealt with by Archangel Michael's blade on the evening of this day!" Uriel declares. 

Her angelic guards grab Belial from her arms to drag her away from the noisy crowd. The angels who cheer for the beheading of Belial. The ones who claimed to be righteous and good bear hunger for Belial's life. Dragged away from the courtroom, she was thrown in a small prison. Her only company is the gray and worn down brick walls. Belial looks up to see a small window with thick gold bars that shows outside. With her back to the doors, her head hung low while clutching the ring in her hands. 

+++

The bell rang once again, reaching the ears of God. He had shut himself away today, choosing Uriel and Raphael to be the judges of Belial. Two siblings that show dislike towards their older sister before. He had given her a choice to live or to die. It is Belial's choice and he will respect it. His right hand that held the spine of a book tightens then relaxes. A child of his will be lost to Michael's blade that is meant for Lucifer. 

His eyes move to the open book to bear the memories of Belial. The first few pages carry the childhood of Belial. He wonders what happened to Belial during her growth. She was so innocent, trusting him with her life. If anything, he would like it if Lucifer didn't tell Belial the meaning of her name. There is no need for the truth. 

A couple of feet behind him, he heard familiar footsteps that he remembered so well. "Lucifer." God spoke up, "As I expected, you won't sit by and let your sister die. " He didn't look up from the book. The sound of page turns echoes in the room. Lucifer's eyes narrow at the man who brought him into this world. "Then, you know what I will say then?" He tries to control the emotions within his heart. 

The book closes when God saw the demon in red within the pages standing beside Belial. Among them is the image of Lucifer and the rest of her family. "You want to save Belial from her sentencing." God turns his head to look at Lucifer. "Uriel and Raphael had already given Belial her sentencing." 

"Bel doesn't deserve this! Any of this!" 

"She made her choice. Leaving our side to join you, slaughtering her brethren, spilling their blood on Hell's ground." 

The tip of Lucifer's cane slam on the marble floor. "And who's fault is that?" He hisses out in response. Lucifer walks towards God until they are within arm's length of each other. "You brought us into this world, you gave Belial her name and you didn't tell her the truth. You rather had her be kept in the dark!" Lucifer looks into God's eyes. "I won't sit by and let her suffer anymore. She deserved better. I tell her the truth!" God stares at his son, no emotion on his face. 

"So, you can have her by her side?

Lucifer broke eye contact with God to pull away. His eyes look down at his feet. Their father is blind to their feelings. It feels like talking to a brick wall. With a long breath, Lucifer fights back. "I didn't tell her the truth to have her by my side. I only tell her because I am her brother. We are family." His words strengthen as he utters those words. Lucifer calms himself.