Drink A Beer

Luke and I were out on a pier. We were having a few beers each and just watching the sun set. We were not talking. We just were in each other's presence thinking. When the sun was just right above the tree line Luke looked over to me.

"I think I have the greatest idea for my song Drink a Beer. Well for the video." Luke said. I tilted my head slightly.

"What's that?"

"You're going to sing it with me. We'll do the video at that show I have coming up. It will be taped and this will be the first time we are going to have it for this song especially. You need to be in it with me. Since you did help me write this song and it means as much to me as it does to you." Luke told me. I smiled.

"I'll do it for sure. When is that show again?" I asked him.

"In two days." He smiled. He put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned over to him. "No matter what life has thrown at me. No matter how mad, upset, sad, or any other of negative emotion I've had in life. You are a reason none of that ever seems to matter ever."
"Luke, you are the reason I'm happier than I ever dreamed. I'm beyond happy. I have four beautiful children. A handsome husband. A wonderful home. To top it all off I still have my health, and undeniable love to give to you and for me to receive it back." I said leaning in to kiss him. He smiled into the kiss.

We stayed close to each other till it got dark. We heard the crickets and the critters all moving around and making noise. It was peaceful. When we walked back to the house Mama was passed out on the couch, and the kids were all in bed. We didn't wake mama up, so we just put a blanket over her and shut off the TV.

I went and checked on the house making sure everything was clean and all the doors were locked before I met Luke upstairs and in bed. He was on his phone when I climbed in the sheets to snuggle up closer to him. Luke put his phone down on the night stand and shut out the light before he snuggled in close to me.

We both just stayed like that for a while. Neither of us falling asleep. It was just times like these I loved the embrace of a man that loves me and will fight for me. I heard Luke starting to hum Drink a Beer. I hummed right with him and our tones met perfectly. Once the song was done we both fell silent and went right to sleep.

It was the day of the show. We had an interview tomorrow because people found out that we were filming the show for the song and I was going to be a part of it. I dressed in a nice dress and Luke had his tight dark jeans on, with a dark button up shirt. We already went through sound check and had everyone else doing their thing before it was our turn for the show.

Mama had Bo and Tate in the audience with them, while the twins were with Miranda at her house. Blake was here performing so he wasn't there to be able to help Miranda out.

I was feeling nervous even though I should because we are playing such a heart filled song. I took in a big breath and as I was exhaling I felt Luke's arms go around my waist, letting his head go to the right side of me and resting it on my shoulder.

"You okay baby?" Luke asked me.

"Yeah, just nervous. I don't know why." I said.

"It could be that we have to do this video in one take?" He chuckled not making this any better.

"Thanks." I sarcastically said.

"I love you. You'll do great. I'll do great. This will be the best heart filled video anyone will ever hear, or see." Luke said kissing my cheek. He let go of me, having me turn around and look at him.