Baby's On The Way

The twins have been home a week. We had to drive all the way back because of new born and planes things. It was fine by me but we stopped an awful lot because they cried. If Bailee started, Bryson followed suit. If Bryson did then it was the same thing with Bailee. I was beyond tired. Luke helped but he is such a heavy sleeper most of the time he doesn't hear the babies sleeping so it's hard for him to wake up in the middle of the night.
I was finally sitting down and relaxing on the couch. I had my feet up and my head back. I didn't care what was on TV, all I wanted to do was sit down and have peace and quiet. Which didn't last long because Bo and Tater were fighting over something? They came to me and I yelled for Luke. He had Bailee in his arms and he just looked at me.

"I'm hushing Bailee. She was starting to cry so I took her out before she got Bryson crying." Luke said.
"Please tell Bo and Tate to stop fighting." I said obviously aggravated already. These twins even if it was just one of them were harder on me than Bo or Tate.
"Bo, stop fighting with Tate. Tate stops fighting with Bo. Let mama rest for a few minutes." They both huffed and ran away from Luke and me. I put my arm over my head.
"Just 30 minutes of quiet. It's all I want. I'm so tired Luke." I told him. He sat at the end of the couch with Bailee who was about to pass out in his arms.
"I know baby. These two little ones are more than what we thought." Luke said. He looked at Bailee and smiled. "Mama and I love you both but y'all are are always up and doing something." Luke said to her as she closed her eyes. I smiled.
"Twins." I said and he looked at me. "I never knew they'd be this rough. Bo and Tate were not this bad. I know we have two but if I had them as twins, I'd be fine." I told Luke. He smiled.
"Well I don't think so if you didn't have any before. I just feel bad a tour is coming up for me soon." I sighed. Realizing that I'll be alone with these two soon. I sat up and was right next to Luke and I looked at Bailee.
"Here, I'll take her back upstairs. Then I'll be down her to deal with why those two are fighting." He nodded.

I took Bailee back upstairs and then came down. Luke dealt with what was going on with the boys and I was off cleaning the messy kitchen. I was about to look to see what I could make for dinner then the babies started crying. I saw Luke jogging up the steps before I even got to them. We dealt with them and then Luke told me just to go make dinner.

Another week and a half has passed and I was more in the hang of it. They did sleep more through the night. Luke seemed like he was getting more aggravated. Tater was not use to hardly any attention. Well, he still got a lot but he started doing things like Bo did to get attention when Tate was born. He gets sent to time out all the time and Luke is normally the one deal with it because I'm breast feeding the twins or cooking. Today Luke has been snippy and I can't blame him too much. I was last week.
I had the twins in the living room with me. They just got changed and they were both lying next to each other while I folded clothes on the couch and watched TV. Everything was peaceful right now till Luke came inside with a crying Tater. Bo followed suit and ran towards me but looked around making sure the babies weren't right in his running way. He stood next to the couch. Luke looked heated. Bo looked at me and had the Tater is in trouble look. Tater ran up to his room and slammed the door. Luke looked even more pissed. He went right after him.

"What did Tate do BoBo?" I asked him.
"He broke the windshield of Daddy's truck." Bo said. My eyes got wide. Luke just got this truck too. I gave him the oh no look.
"Daddy's mad huh?" Just as I asked that I heard Tater screaming Mommy and running downstairs. I got up. "Make sure the twins don't fall Bo." I said setting the folded shirt down and going to the hall. Tate ran to me and hugged me.
"What is going on?" I asked looking at Luke who seemed fit to be tied.
"Tate threw the baseball intentionally at my truck after I told him no more play we are going inside." I looked down at Tate and he was crying.
"Tate. Did you really?" I asked him putting my hands on my hips. He looked up at me and shook his head no.
"Don't lie boy. You broke the fucking windshield!" Luke yelled. I grabbed Tate's head.
"Thomas Luther Bryan. You watch your mouth around the kids!" I scolded him. Then the babies started crying hearing Luke yell.
"MA!" Bo yelled looking over the couch. I huffed.
"Tater please go upstairs to your room and I'll talk to you in a minute. Luke we are having a talk after we calm these babies down. So you start. I'll punish Tate." I told him. He clenched his jaw and walked into the living room to the babies. I walked up stairs to Tate who was face down on his bed crying. "Tate baby, come here." I said going into his room, shutting the door ever so slightly. He sat up and sniffled and came closer to me. I sat down on the bed and pulled him to me.
"Mama I didn't!" He exclaimed. I shushed him.
"Tater. Tell the truth. Daddy was right there and saw you. He is really stressed out and that is why he is yelling. Just tell me the truth okay?" I told him and he nodded.
"I didn't wanna stop playing. Daddy pays more attention to Bry and Lee." Tate said sniffling. "He doesn't love us no more." He cried.
"Oh Tate. Daddy loves you all the same. Bry and Lee are newborns and need attention. A lot of attention. They can't do anything on their own. Daddy and I try to give you and Bo as much attention as possible. We love you all so much. That still doesn't mean you can go and throw as baseball at daddy's truck." He looked down. "Now, I want you to go say sorry to daddy, and mean it. Then I want you up here till dinner is made okay. You're grounded for this. No Xbox, no Play station." I told him. He huffed. "Now come on, let's go so you can tell daddy." I said getting up and going to the door. He sat there arms crossed. "Tatum Christopher. If I tell you again, mama won't be happy and you'll be grounded longer." I told him. He got up and walked past me arms crossed still. I followed him to Luke who had the babies calm and Bo had Bailee in his arms talking to her. Tate looked at me and I nudged him to go to Luke. He was sitting in the recliner with Bryson.
"Daddy." Tate said. Luke looked up at him.
"I am sorry for breaking your truck." Tate said. "I really am sorry." He said frowning and being sad. Luke looked at me then at Tate.
"Tate. Next time don't throw anything at the trucks. I can't drive my truck because of it now. That was very bad son." Luke said sternly. Tate looked at him.
"I know daddy. I'm really realy really sorry." He whined. Luke nodded.
"It's okay Tate." Luke said.
"Alright, room till dinner Tate." I told him. He looked at me and walked past me slow as hell. Luke just looked away from me. He didn't seem any happier that Tate apologized. "Luke, put the twins in the little play pen to lie down and we'll talk in the office." I told him. He looked at me and sighed. I got Bailee from Bo and put her in there. Luke followed me into the office with the baby monitor.

I am really shocked at him by how he yelled at Tater. Tate never runs to me and cries after Luke scolds him. Luke also cursed at him in a very angry tone. I sat on the desk and looked at him. I felt like I had to scold him like I do Bo when he says shit or ass. Luke leaned up against the wall and looked at me. I sighed and frowned looking at my feet.

"Luke, what got into you today?" I asked him. He shrugged. "Well more like a couple days."
"I'm just stressed with these kids. The baby's crying, Bo or Tate fighting, Tate needing attention and broke my windshield." Luke entirely said. I sighed.
"You can't lose your cool like that with Tate. He is upset that we don't love him. He more thinks you don't by how you been yelling at them. Cursing at Tate was wrong Luke. He may have messed up but you don't curse at our children like that. I won't have that. If you're stressed out then let me know and go cool off I can handle this. If not I'll ask mama for help." I said reasoning after scolding him.
"I can't take this Nikki. I'm over my head stressed out with all of this. I also don't appreciate you scolding me in front of our children." He turned this around at me.
"You yelled fucking at Tate!" I said to him.
"He needs to know not to lie and call me a fucking liar!" Luke yelled at me.
"Don't you start yelling at me Thomas!" I yelled back.
"You started yelling! Christ. I can't take this shit. I'm going out." Luke said turning around and walking out the office door slamming it. I cringed at the sound. What the hell has gotten into him?

It took me a few seconds before I collected myself and then went out and saw Bo just sitting on the couch he looked at me and I just smiled. I asked him if he wanted to help make dinner and he ran into the kitchen.
Bo helped me with making spaghetti. I got the babies downstairs and fed them. While I ate the boys put their dirty dishes and Bo ran off to play; Tate stood looking at me then asked if he was still grounded. I thought for a minute and decided that maybe he should be for the rest of the night since he did intentionally break Luke's windshield. So I just nodded and he went upstairs without another word.
I finished my spaghetti and put my plate in the sink. I texted Luke and asked when he was coming home and he didn't respond. I sighed and got the twins ready to go back in the living room while I finished the clothes I never got to.
I ended up having Bo help me bring the clothes to the rooms they had to go to. He was a great help around the house. Last week he knew I was stressed and helps out a lot too. He washed the dishes the best he could, he even put away what was in the dish washer. He's been keeping his room clean and watching the twins if I had to walk out of the room. He even wanted to learn how to change the diapers. I am proud of him. When it was bed time. I had him tell Tate so Tate knew to go get his bath and then into bed.
I got the twins into bed and saw that it was after 9 and Luke still wasn't home with any text or anything. He has been gone a good 5 hours. I checked on Tate who was in bed. I kissed his forehead telling him I loved him. He said it back and I shut the door. I did the same to Bo. I was about to walk out the door when Bo spoke up.

"Is Daddy coming home?" Bo asked. I looked back at him.
"I uh, don't know Bo." I answered honestly.
"Daddy's stressed like you were. He'll be okay Mama." Bo smiled at me. I smiled back.
"I know, daddy handles stress differently than mama."
"Love you Mama."
"Love you too BoBo." I said and then shut the door. I sighed and cleaned up the kitchen.

I finished putting everything away and made sure the boys didn't make a mess in the bathrooms. I went and then took a shower and got dressed in my night gown. While I was in the shower I realized Luke said he can't drive his truck. He must have taken mine. I cursed under my breath thinking him better not be drinking and driving my truck home. I went into the Living Room with the baby monitor waiting for Luke to get home. It was about 11 when I heard a door slam outside. I sighed waiting for what was to come.
I heard the door being unlocked and I lowered the volume on the TV. The door opened and footsteps entered the house with the door closing. The footsteps went right to behind the couch where I was sitting. I was about to look up when I had a bouquet of flowers with a box placed in front of me. I grabbed them and then looked up to Luke giving me an apologetic look.

"Baby, look. I'm really sorry I lost my cool. I shouldn't have yelled or cursed at you, nor should I of Tater. I am just worn down by all this stress and I don't know how you deal with it. Please forgive me." He said holding another box. I just smiled.
"I know you didn't mean it and that you're stressed." I said getting up off the couch setting the flowers and box down. I walked behind it. "It'll all be okay Luke." I said going in to hug him which he happily took my hug and held me tight. "We all get stressed. You just need to say sorry to Tate. He doesn't understand or like no attention." I told Luke. He kissed the top of my head.
"I know. I'll tell him tomorrow when we all wake up. I just need to find a way to deal with it all. I went to the bar then to talk to Mama. She knocked a little bit of sense into me." Luke told me. We stayed hugging for a little bit. "Open the box." He said releasing me from the hug. I bent over and got it. I opened it up and smiled. It was a small bracelet that was silver. It had music notes and hearts on it. I looked up at him and lean up for a kiss and he met me and we kissed quick.
"Thank you baby." I said. He then handed the other.
"I got this for the boys. I'm hoping you'll tell me if they'd like it." Luke smiled. I grabbed the box and opened it. It was two jerseys. They were for the bulldogs. I smiled
"They'll love em." I said.
"I was hoping so."

Luke took the box back and then we headed to our room. He went into the bathroom to get a shower and I went into our closet to put away my new bracelet. I then put the boys New Jersey's on my night stand so I could remember to give it to them tomorrow. I went and checked on the twins. They were sound asleep.
When I got back into the bedroom Luke was out of the bathroom and in his pj's. I smiled at him and he smiled at me. We got into bed and he shut off the lights. We cuddled up close to each other. He seemed less tense and better. I'm glad he went and talked to his mama. He turned and kissed me. He started to feel me up and I just smiled into the kiss. He pulled away as he hand went under my gown and rested on my thigh.

"I can't wait a while." Luke said in his husky voice.
"I'm sorry but you're gonna have to their big boy." I said seductively.
"I just wanna." Luke started to say but kissed down my jaw line to my spot on my neck making me moan lightly as he nipped at it. "Ravish your body baby." He said coming up to my ear.  I bit my lip.
"I wish you could but you know the deal." I said slightly above a whisper.  Luke sighed and moved away but pulled me close to him so I could cuddle back up to him as he laid on his back.
"I know baby. I love you more than anything." Luke said.
"I love you more than anything too Luke." I said to him.

And with that. We drifted off to sleep.

________________

Let me know what you think about this chapter. I hope y'alls enjoyed it. Do you think this is the last time Luke is going to act our? Do you think Nikki is going to lose her cool? Is anything going to happen to their relationship again? What do y'alls think and want to see?
10 votes :D

-Pup