Apologize

~Nikki's Point Of View~

How can Luke be that gone? He promised me he wouldn't drink that much. It really hurt me when I walked into that bar and he just looked at me like he didn't know me. Then he even talked to me like he had no clue who I was. Is he really that gone that he don't know that. I've never seen him like that before. How could he forget who I was? I'm his wife of over 7 years. How the hell?

I made it back to the bus and quickly got on. Sarge was talking to the bus driver. She was a nice lady. They said Hi to me and I waved and gave them a fake smile. I walked all the way to the back of the bus to try to calm myself down. I felt so many different emotions right now. I was angry, upset, hurt, sad, pissed, and it was all at once. I shut the door and sat down on the couch. The TV was on but it was on low. I didn't care what was on it. I just kept playing how he said things in my mind.

I don't mind if Luke goes out to bars. I don't care if he drinks. I only care when he goes out to bars, and drinks more than he promised he wouldn't. I was also pissed that he wasn't here at the bus when I got here. How could he forget that today was the day I was coming in? He was so happy for me to be coming, and kept telling me how much he missed me, but forgot today was the day.

I sighed and put my head back. I concentrated on my breathing to keep me calm. My phone buzzed which made me put my head back up. I grabbed it and saw that it was a picture message from Luke's mother. I opened it up and it was a picture of the boys holding up a painting. It says, "Miss You Daddy! Love You!". I smiled at that. Those boys really do miss their father but if he is going to keep up this drinking I don't know what I'm going to do.

I put my phone down next to me when I heard movement coming my way. Sarge probably wanted to talk and see if I was okay. I braced myself for a talk with Sarge but when the door opened. Luke came in he had flowers in his hands, and a small apologetic smile on his face. I kept the same straight face showing him that I was still not happy with him. He came over and sat next to me.

"Listen Nikki. I'm sorry. I can explain my actions and everything baby. Here, your favorite flowers." Luke said handing over the flowers. I grabbed them and smelled them. They smelt nice and fresh. I let a small smile creep on my face. I looked over at him. "Baby, I am not drunk. I was out drinking with the guys. They proposed the idea and my head has been somewhere else for the last week. I just agreed because they all wanted to go. I didn't drink much at all. I may have been buzzed but me realizing what I did totally killed it and it's not your fault it's mind. I should have not thought my mind was playing tricks on me." Why would his mind be playing tricks on him?

"What do you mean your mind was playing tricks on you?" I asked him curiously.

"For the longest time since I've been away from you, I've missed you and the kids more than I ever have. Everywhere I go I see you. Even if it's not you and the woman looks nothing like you. It happened a lot today. I lost track of what today actually was. I forgot you were coming in and I am very sorry. At the concert a girl in the front looked just like you. Then at the bar I couldn't help but think of you and the kids because you are my lock and home screen. I really missed you beyond how much I missed you before. I thought my mind was playing tricks when you walked in like they did at the concert. I didn't mean to act the way I did but without you around, I'm in a lost a work state of mind. I love you more and more every day. I love you more than yesterday, and a hell of a lot more than the first day I made love to you. I'm so sorry I made you mad and upset. Please forgive me baby. Now that I have you around me won't be lost or confused. I'll have my attention on you fully minus when I'm doing a show. Even then, when I look at the sidelines. I want to see you dancing like you always have." Luke gave me his gorgeous smile. This brought tears to my eyes.

How can I stay mad at him? He just gave me a full heart filled apology. He felt the same way I've been feeling. I've been missing him just as much or even maybe more. I couldn't wait to be here with him and it's a relief without the kids. We got to take this to the best of our advance. Luke wiped my tears away and pulled my head closer to his so we could have an extremely passionate kiss. We rested our foreheads together and both had huge smiles on our faces.

"Luke I've been doing the same thing. I've been seeing you everywhere and especially in Bo. He is looking more and more like you as the years come on. He is going to be your twin but 34ish years younger. I've missed you beyond what I have ever missed you too and I'm in love with you more than I ever been. I wish you could be around more or I could be around you more but, this is your dream, this is your career, and I'm happy that you're still doing it." I told him. He pulled away and looked at me. His smile didn't fade. He leaned in and kissed me real quick.

"I love you so much Nikki Lynn Bryan." He told me.

"I love you so much too, Thomas Luther Bryan." I smiled wide. His hand found mine and laced our fingers together. He brought up my hand and kissed it. It was right on my ring finger close to my wedding ring.

"I chose the right woman to marry. I'm lucky I found the perfect match for me. My other half. My world. My everything." he said. It may have been really cheesy but it was the most adorable and best things I've hear in a long time. He says things like this a lot but not all together. I climbed onto his lap and hugged onto him. He hugged onto me right back.

"I'm glad I waited so long to find the right man. I'm glad I followed my dream cause if I didn't I would of never met you, and have this wonderful life that I live in, with the best kids god could bless us with, and the best husband that treats me like his queen." I told him. He kissed my head and swayed back and forth.

"A king needs his queen to rule with him by his side. That's exactly what you do."

I layed my head in his neck. He started humming a song which put me at such ease and happiness. We were like that for quite some time. I was not tired. I just wanted to stay in his arms and feel the safe and secure feeling I had when I first had his arms around me. I felt like any of our fights we have had meant nothing anymore. We made it past all of them and we are stronger than ever. I have found the love my father has always talked about. The love that my mother and him had.

"What ya thinking about?" Luke asked me.

"How I found the love my father talked about when two people are meant to be just like how he and my mother were." I told Luke looking up at him. He had a huge smile on his face.

"I was thinking close to that." He told me. I smiled up at him.  "Since it's 12. Want to get to sleep?" he asked me. I nodded

"I am not that tired but I just want to keep snuggled up to you." I told him. He slapped my thigh playfully.

"Well, we can do a little bit more than that. Come on." He winked.

I got off of him and we headed to his bunk. He got clothes to sleep in and I went to my bag. We both changed and went into his bunk. I don't know what it is but the thrill of messing around and having sex in this small space and people possibly coming in made us so quiet but have so much fun. When we stopped everything we just laid up close to each other holding on to each other. I wouldn't want my life any other way then this.

___________________

We are at Chapter 25! This is wonderful! Thank you everyone for continuing to read! I am so happy about this. Please keep voting! I may only go up to chapter 30 but there will be another book after this that I have already started writing and I'm on chapter 3!
15 Comments for a new Chapter!
- Pup