Just A Sip

It's been 6 months since we brought Mama to Nashville. She loved it here and she found a little house. Her and Papa Tommy's divorce was finalized last month so now she is a free woman. Well that is what you can call her. So far she said she isn't looking for a new man. In A Few Luke was done touring till he would start doing another new album. Mama will be here with me for this week because yesterday I felt sick as hell and didn't feel like leaving the bed but I had to for the boys. She came over and did most of everything but I taught Bo what he had to be taught and then made sure they weren’t too much for Mama.
I made a doctor's appointment for today. Mama was going to keep the boys while I was going to get a checkup.  I felt bad in the morning but at noon I was okay. I was about to call off the doctor's appointment but decided to go anyway.  I needed to at least do a physical. I headed off to the doctor and they did what they had to do.

~Luke's Point Of View~

I was now getting off a plane and grabbing my bags. I was back in my town but not exactly where I wanted to be. I wanted to be home. I wanted the door to open to my two wonderful handsome young boys and my beautiful wife with her arms wide open and a kiss waiting. I haven't seen her in about a month and a half. She was able to come around for twice for this tour. This one was hectic. So many meet and greets and interviews my head was spinning. I couldn't wait to be home, and then start on my new album which was going to be amazing.
I got Jason to pick me up and he was waiting for me. He helped me bring my entire luggage out to his truck and put it in the back. I was excited to be around. I was also happy to be able to around him as well because he was having a hard time with the press.
Jason recently was caught kissing Brittany Karr. She was some girl on American Idol and he met her at a club. Things got hot and heavy with them and they got caught kissing. Which he does not deny that happening but between him and Jess everything was bad. Nikki called me asking me if everything was true because Jess came over to the house with the girls crying her eyes out to her. I didn't know because I was busy with tour but in the end I found out it was. Jason told me that he was getting a divorce and since then we had small conversations. I know things have been eating him up so this will be a great time for guy talk. He needed it, he was my best friend and I was going to help him even though cheating is wrong, he still needs his friend.
We talked all on the ride. We were close to the house when I told him to stop at the liquor store.

"Why?" he asked.
"To get a 12 pack. We'll drink and talk after I am around my family for about an hour. Nikki and the boys will understand you need to talk. Even I get it. We'll talk it all out. If you get drunk, crash in the spare room." He nodded. We went in and he got something to drink while I got a 12 pack of miller lite.

We got to my house and Nikki's truck wasn't there but mama's was. I was confused but okay by it. Jason parked on the other side of my truck and he helped me bring my things in. Instantly the boys heard the door open and yelled mama, but when they ran to the door it was me. I dropped my bags and they yelled Daddy. I dropped to my knees to hug both of my boys. It sucks being away from these guys so much but I try my hardest to have them around as much as I could. I let them go and told them things while I went into the kitchen to see my mama. She smiled and hugged me and asked about the tour. Then she looked at Jason and gave him a smile.

"Where is Nikki mama?" I asked her. She looked at me and smiled.
"She went out; she'll be back soon I think. She has been in and out all day running around. She came home for dinner. Are you two hungry?" I shook my head no and smiled. Nikki always has to stay busy. At least mama is having her time with the boys.
"No thank you Ms. Bryan." Jason said.
"Leclair, Jason." She pointed at him and then laughed. He laughed too.
"Sorry." I looked at my watch and it was 8 at night. I looked at the boys who were just staring into the kitchen. I jumped around and roared at them. They screamed and ran. I ran after them and found them hiding behind the couch. I caught Tater first and tickled him. Then had him get Bo. When we were done it was 8:30
"Alright boys. Funs over. Bath time then bed time. Can you guys do bath time right?" I asked them.
"We're big boy's daddy!" Tater said."We got this!" he said. I chuckled. He got that saying from Nikki.
"Alright go upstairs. I'll be up in 10 to make sure yawls are taking your baths alright?" They nodded and ran upstairs. I went back to the kitchen. Mama and Jason were talking. He had a glass with his whiskey in it. I went and got a beer. "Mama, Jason and I are gonna be out back talking after I get the boys in bed. Are you staying here tonight?" She shook her head no.
"No, I'm going home soon. I'm just waiting for Nikki so you boys don't ruin the house." I laughed.
"Ma. You know I'm more responsible than that!" I whined. We both laughed

I was able to get the boys to bed and Jason and I went out back. Mama watched some TV. We were outside for a while talking. Jason really needed to get things out. Around 9:30 we were both pretty buzzed and laughing. I heard the screen door slide open and I looked back to see Nikki arms folded looking at Jason and I. I quickly got up and went over to her with my beer in hand. I grabbed her and hugged her. I pulled away giving her a kiss. She hardly kissed back so I knew something was up. I looked back at Jason who wasn’t looking at us. I then looked at her and saw a sad expression on her face that was lit up by the moonlight.

"Baby, what's wrong."
"I'll talk about it later." She said trying to turn around but I stopped her.
"Well, stay out here with Jason and me. We are joking around. It'll put a pretty smile on that face of yours. The boys are sleeping already, and mama probably left after you got here so come on." I pleaded. She huffed.
"Alright." She said. I went and grabbed two beers and the rest of the bottle so Jason could keep adding more to his. I sat back down outside. Nikki was to my left and had her legs cross and arms on the sides.
"Here." I said handing her a beer and she shook her head no. "Come on. One beer." I said she shook her head no. "Just a sip?" I asked and she just stared at me.
"No." She sternly said. Something is up but I'm not pressing it. She said later.

We sat around and talked. I tried again with the Just a sip and she said no again. Jason was drunk in two hours. We did chuckle and laugh at a few things. Jason was telling stories and what not. I helped him inside to the guest bedroom. Nikki stayed outside. He was asleep within minutes. I couldn't do too much but oh well. He'll be alright. I shut the door and went to the bathroom.
When I came outside Nikki was standing off of the porch looking out to the woods. I grabbed my beer and took a sip. I went behind her and put my arms around her resting my chin on her shoulder. She just let me hold her. She didn't even hold my arms. Did I do something? It started with her hardly kissing me, her not taking drinks and getting aggravated with me, she would laugh at some jokes but not all, she spaced out and now she isn't holding me back? I unwrapped my arms from around her and turned her around. She just looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She shook her head no. "So you won't' tell me still even though it's just us." She looked down. "Here take a sip, relax out here with me, then we can go upstairs and cuddled and you can tell me anything and everything." I told her.
"I don't want a god damn sip of a fucking beer Luke. Fuck this drinking. First thing you do when you come the fuck home." She yelled at me and turned around. She let out a frustrated growl and walked a few steps away. She folded her arms and left me slightly shocked. She is mad I'm drinking?
"I'm sorry baby. I didn't know drinking would piss you off. I thought it was a good idea and you'd be okay if I did with Jason since he needed a friend." I said slowly walking up and around her to stand in front of her. I frowned looking at her. She was upset. "He needed to talk and let things out and you know Jason don't let nothing out unless he is buzzed or drunk. I'm sorry; I should have made this for tomorrow or the next day. Today should have been family. I did come home and play with the boys and wait to really start drinking after I put them to bed. You weren’t home so I don't know. I thought it was fine. I'm sorry." I told her. She shook her head. "Hold it right here." I told her. She looked at me confused. I had a great idea. A shot of jack. She always said that calmed her down. She also never refused Jack. She hated Miller so maybe that is why. I put my beer down and got a glass of jack on the rocks. I came outside quickly and she was still in the same spot. "Here baby. Take a sip. You always said this will make you better." I said walking up to her. I put the glass under her nose so she could smell it. Normally when she was mad she would smile and take the glass not saying anything. She glared at me.
"Thomas Lu…Lu." She started to say but it seemed like she was gagging. I removed the glass away from her. She ran to the side of the porch and put her hand on the side. She bent over. "Luther!" she yelled and I ran up quickly letting the glass fall as she started puking. I held her hair.
"Let it out baby." I said rubbing her back as well. She only puked up a little bit two times. She stayed bent over.
"I told you I don't fucking want shit. Not even just a god damn sip." She said shaky voice and all.
"I'm sorry. This normally worked. You always said Jack cured all hate, and sadness." I softly said.
"I can't fucking drink Luther." She said starting to shake. Why is she shaking? I pulled her up to stand up straight. She was staring at me and she turned her face from looking at me.
"Come here." I said bringing her to me but she pushed me away. "Baby, what's wrong?" I asked her and she walked away from the puke and sat down on the steps outside. She put her head in her hands. I sat next to her and rubbed her back. She started to cry. "Shhh baby. It'll be alright. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you more pissed or upset. I didn't know you were sick." I said rubbing her back and pulling her towards me. Her head was on my chest.
"I'm not mad Luke." She said still sobbing.
"Then what is it Nikki? I hate seeing you upset. It hurts seeing you like this." I said. She sobbed harder and gripped more onto me. I pulled her to my lap and rocked her hushing her. I haven't seen her like this in a very long time. Not since she got home that night from seeing Skylar's grave. It took five minutes but she calmed down enough to talk.
"I'm pregnant Luke." She is crying because of that? That is wonderful and a blessing!
"Why are you crying over that baby? It's a blessing and wonderful. We're extending our family!" I told her happily. She shook her head.
"I'm scared." She whispered sniffling.
"Scared of what?" I asked holding her tight.
"It's not gonna work. I can't carry it all the way through. What if something happens? I can't deal with that again Luke." She told me sniffling harder.
"It's going to work. Nothing will happen but this baby will grow, and be healthy, and come out beautiful and ours whether it's another boy or our first baby girl. It will happen. I can feel and sense it. God will let us have another one." I told her kissing the top of her head.
"You sure?" She asked.
"I'm positive. We are such great parents; he will let us have another. You're going to be a wonderful mommy again and bring into this world another child for us to love and cherish just like with do with Bo and Tate." I told her. She looked up at me. Tear soaked face, bloodshot eyes, and puffy cheeks. I rubbed my thumb across her cheek and smiled down at her. "Don't be scared baby. I'll be right by your side. I'll stay home this whole pregnancy. I'll take forever to do this album. I'll come to every doctor visit. I'll be at whatever classes you want this time around. I'll even be home every night to rub your feet. We will make sure this pregnancy will give you no worries at all." She gave me a smile. I leaned down and kissed her lips softly but passionately. She backed away.
"You make me sick." She frowned.
"What?" I asked. She moved so she could bend over to the side and puked again. Oh. When she was done I just pulled her back in and rubbed her back. It was bath time and bed time for her.
"Your alcohol smell is making me sick." She said.
"Oh. I'll go brush my teeth and run us a bath. Come on, I'll clean up out here tomorrow." I told her. She got up and we went upstairs.

I brushed my teeth and washed out my mouth a few times to try to get rid of the alcohol smell. I didn't want her feeling anymore sick. She came in to brush her teeth and I ran our bath. I even put bubbles in it that smelled like lavender. I got in before her and she sat between my legs. I pulled her up against me and held her there. I guess my smell didn't bother her anymore.
We got out and dried off. She put on my shorts and a tee shirt. I just put on shorts and went into bed to hold her. It was quiet from her and I could tell she fell asleep before me. I smiled and kissed her forehead since she was cuddled to me. I held her close with one arm and my other stroked her arm. I smiled and thought I was going to have another baby into the family.

__________

Another baby added to the Bryan family!  This is chapter 15 and there are only 15 left everyone. I'm going to keep it to 30 each one of this and I'm going to have this as a trilogy. I know whats going to be after all of this and I think my readers will enjoy this.

10 votes till another chapter.
10 Comments till another chapter.

What do you think they are going to have another boy or finally a girl? :)

-Pup