Chapter 2

Today was a Thursday, I liked Thursday's from now on as I got myself my new phone on this day, a Thursday. In a years time I would find myself coming to hate Thursdays, not just because a Thursday was the day my smartphone addiction started, but because my addiction sessions started on a Thursday, every Thursday for 12 weeks. That's enough about Thursday's for now. Back to my phone.

I signed into my accounts on my phone and got the settings to exactly what I wanted before I took on the mission of downloading all the apps I wanted to use. I think I spent about an hour on this alone, downloading, installing, creating accounts and signing in, over an over. I was bored of this repetition, but it had to be done, the time I spent getting these apps would be worth it, especially when I added Lizzie as a snapchat friend and she accepted, life was going to be great for the short term.

The day was flying by, I suppose it's as they say, time flies when your having fun and I was having a lot of fun. I had my new phone, I had snapchat and I had a lot of games. I spent a good hour matching candies and jellies together and I probably would have gone for another hour if I hadn't of heard mum come back home. She was talking to some one, it couldn't be, yes you guessed it, Lizzie was with mum in my house. I heard Lizzie asking to use the bathroom, mum doing her usual and saying you do not need to ask you can use whatever you want whenever you want. About a minute later I heard a beep on my phone, I picked it up and it was a snap chat from Lizzie. I opened the app an there was a picture of Lizzie's face with the picture of Morgan Freeman we have in the bathroom behind her. She looked so perfect, her hair a beautiful shade of brunette all wavy and sweeping round her lovely jawline. She had a glisten in her eye, she was clearly flirting with me.

I decided to not send anything back, I didn't want her to know my feelings just yet. She is my mums best friend, I didn't want mum to lose her friend. I walked down the stairs phone in hand, I started telling mum about how the bus journey was long and that I had finally got the phone I really wanted. Mum just nodded, she tried her best to look and sounded interested but I could tell she wasn't bothered. I asked mum if she was ok, she said yes but I knew deep down something was playing on her mind, I had had a few years being able to learn to read my mum. It must be something to do with the blind date Lizzie set her up on with a work friend. I knew mum was worried about how I would react to her dating someone.

Just as I was about to tell mum that all is ok with her dating new people, Lizzie came into the kitchen. My jaw nearly dropped, I had to look away quickly otherwise I would have been noticeably drooling. I said hi and made small talk then made an excuse about needing to do some course work for college. I ran back up stairs to my room and locked the door, I needed to make sure no one came in. I needed to message my best friend Laura, I had known Laura since play school, we had built a strong untreatable friendship. Yes we had our ups and downs but Laura and I were always there for each other, she had her issues and I had mine. We would spend hours on the phone or chatting online about our problems, when time was available we would meet at the local shake shack and just chat and drink milkshake after milkshake.

I picked up my phone and in my contacts list I selected Laura and then chose to FaceTime her so I could tell her about the snap chat Lizzie had sent me. Laura answered surprised to see me on the screen of her phone but then she remembered I become a sheep and got the latest iPhone. We chatted a bit about my phone and how her day had been, Laura then asked me if I had seen Lizzie today, Laura knew everything about me, including my massive crush on Lizzie. I told Laura that I had seen her today twice, once on snapchat in a pic from the bathroom at home and then in person in the kitchen. Laura giggled and asked if I had sent anything back to Lizzie. I told her that I wanted to but decided against it, again she giggled, telling me I should man up and just send her something.

That would wait for another day. Time had really flown by, but the time I said bye to Laura it was nearly Friday. Luckily college was a short day tomorrow from midday until three in the afternoon, it wasn't a big deal that I was later than normal going to sleep. I got myself ready for bed, brushed my teeth, put my pyjamas on and got into bed. All of a sudden I heard a beep and the screen of my new phone lit up, I wondered what it could be at this time of night. I picked up my phone and saw that I had a snap chat from Lizzie, I opened the app clicked on the message. OMG!! It was a picture of Lizzie in a very silky looking nightdress. Was I dreaming? I pinched myself and looked at my chat history and no, I wasn't dreaming. I really had just seen that pic.

This time I decided to send a picture back. I was under the covers so I just sent a picture of my head above the covers with a message saying sleep well. I waited anxiously for what seemed an hour and then beep, I had a reply from Lizzie. I opened the message and there was Lizzie showing a bit more body with a message asking what is hidden under the covers. I decided to leave it and turned over to get some sleep.