14

Avery's POV

He said he came here to tell me about my parents death.... I don't know what to express or say. Well, for the first I am not the real Avery and this is just my second life. Thinking about death. I still can't recall my death either and it's so strange since I just walk on the road then suddenly a truck hit me but before I died........ really? That's it? Something's off. I didn't realize that I was loss in thought until I heard my uncle called out to me.

"The assassination about my parents? What about it uncle?" I ask

*sigh*"I want to tell you that maybe.... maybe they're not assassinating your Reagan clan but was mistakenly doing it" he said. Mistaken? How can it be just mistaken?

"Avery dear, everyone in the capital- no in the kingdom know about your parents reputation. Besides, what are they after? When your mother wed in the Reagan family their were no disputes. It was peaceful until the day you're mother give birth to you."

That's right! Even if I can't remember this original's body memories with 'our parents' I still have some ideas about this matter and it is so strange. My mother is a delicate and well-respected woman even the emperor and empress acknowledge her and my father is a well-known man. We are not a threat to the royal family. So who is the mastermind behind these? Also, how did the original Avery get to the hands of a poor abusive old man on a small village? What is the connection?

After our talk uncle bids goodnight and I also went to bed. Tomorrow, the school well start again but my heart is still unease.

End of POV

- - - - - - - - - - - -

#Morning#

*School*

"Finally! I get to see you again Faye-chan!" Arabella said when she see us entering the gate but then abruptly stop when she notice someone tagging along with us. I really don't like hanging around with this "love birds"!

"Who-?" she ask but was interrupted by me. I told her that he's my cousin's soon- to- be- husband and she nods. She introduce herself to test the guy out but was stunned when he never notice her presence. I look at her and she smiled brightly upon receiving such treatment.

"Calynn, Henry can you both stop being "intimate" for a sec?" I finally said. Good thing the both of them still knows what "embarrassment" is. We make our way to our class and I focus my attention on it. I also didn't see him today. He must be busy with court affairs with the jerk prince............. *sigh now I'm stuck with these weirdos.

Hmm? What was that?

"Avery? Avery, are you okay?" Calynn called out my name and I finally notice her repeatingly calling me. I nod and turn my face to face them while they talk. After hanging with Henry we found out that he's kinda interesting. He's timid yes but when he's with Calynn he's so bold. I know he values my cousin and will never let her in trouble so I am at ease.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Palace (Night Time)

William's POV

Aiden and I didn't go to school today because something came up and we need to work. The court ministers are so annoying to hell and keeps hovering around us. Good thing the King dismiss us early to settle the other workloads that are piling on our desks. These papers are about when Aiden and I get engage and to whom is the girl. Tsk! I already ask Aiden about this and he just told me.

"Wife? Ya' don't stress over it I already have one in mind." he said but I was not assured by that. These day is so stressful I've been running back and forth to meetings and surveys and I didn't have much sleep because there are paper works to be finish.

Knock Knock

"Come in." I said still my attention is on the paper about the contract of the market trading that the King needs to think through to establish in the city.

"Do you want to be blind jerk? Why are there no lights here?" a crisp sweet voice said with a hint of mocking said to me. I no need to see who owns this voice because its just here. No one else called me "JERK" besides her.

"Aiden wasn't lying when he said you're buried on paper works, didn't he? How pitiful." I look at her with a smirk. This woman is really a trouble.

"What do you need? I don't expect the Lady Reagan to be here on my residence on the meddle of the night." I stated. I put down the papers and look at her while my arms are cross on my chest. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Nothing important. Just visiting my jerk of a friend that's all." she said while looking for a sit. I am not at home and she is inside my office in the castle. Aiden must have called her here to keep me from slacking off and as if I will be lazing around.

"I'm no idiot. What do you want? I know Aiden brought you here, Avery."

"That sucks Lord Williams because I really thought you're one."

"Speak up stupid you're wasting my time. I'm busy."

"Calynn is engage now."

"I've heard about that so?"

"Aiden is also looking for a wife so are you, right?"

What is she thinking in asking me this?

"Yes, the court are pestering us both to get married and they are introducing their daughter's and niece's to us nonstop. Tsk! So irritating."

"Hmm... I see. Aiden said he'll ask for a decree to let Arabella be her crown princess. I know Arabella she won't agree easily but there's a chance to change that to get her approval" she said. I smiled. So, she is here because of that? I walk to her side and seized her waist with my other hand and the other held her chin. I look deep into her eyes. What is she thinking that I won't catch up to her thoughts? Stupid indeed.

"What...what are you planning idiot!"

"You bring that topic earlier.... is it because you want me to be your husband?" I tease her. Her eyes widened then she smiled evilly at me. I was stunned for a moment when her face got closer to me and her hands touch my chest.

"You're a big idiot!" She said then push me away. But to no avail I was still much stronger than her so when she push me I landed on the floor while her body is pressing me.

"Let me go-"  she angrily said but was stop when I kiss her lips.